Birth story of baby Leo

tootyfruity

Reaction score
thursday 17th march I went out with my mum to visit my grandparents and went food shopping, the day before I had a show but didn't think it would happen soon knowing i could go another 2 weeks (I was due 22nd March).

that evening I was cooking dinner and felt a gush so went to the loo sorted it out and carried on but a few minutes later it happened again and was blood stained so I called the hospital and they said to go in.

I started getting contractions by now but they were mild but quite regular. I was examined (oh my word I thought she was going to grab my tonsils!!) but I was only 1 cm dialated and my cervix was high :( so I wa ssent home.

When I got home the contractions were starting to get quite painful but I was trying to breath through them, an hour later (12:30am) and I had to go back to hospital as I was in too much pain. by the time i got to hospital I was making quite a lot of noise and other patients were asking if I was ok lol.

I was examined as soon as i could be and I was 5-6 cms dialated and was told i could have the epidural i wanted :happydance:, the anethetist was on the ward so i didin't have to wait long thank fully as each contraction was getting more and more painful, I can only describe the pain as something I wanted to run away from and I felt out of control (but i am a wimp!) once the epidural was in I was soo relaxed it was bliss :cloud9:

I waited from then on for labour to progress and were all chatting away (me, mum, DH and midwife). by 6am i was 9 1/2 cms so progressing quite well but my contractions were getting weak so was put on a drip, at 9am I was 10cms and was told to start pushing.

I couldn't feel much, just a small patch on my stomache so I could feel the contractions very slightly. I was pushing with everything i had but nothing was really happening and this went on for 2 hours, leo's heartbeat was dropping so the said i may have to go to theatre, it picked up a bit so i carried on pushing but still nothing (i think at some point i had a suction cap used to turn position of baby).

so i was wheeled up to theatre for a forceps delivery and if that didn't work i would need a c section. everything was happening quickly and was quite scary but the staff were so good and proffessional. once everything was ready I was told to push and with two pushes the head was out and the third he was born weighing 7lb 3oz, I could still feel him come out and it was such a weird feeling. I was so overwhelmed when I saw him and it was amazing to finally have my baby I still couldn't beleive it had happened.

Recovery was pretty awful I couldn't walk for a few days i was quite emotional thinking i would never be back to normal again. leo was taken to special care for 2 days for suspected infection but he was fine. the staff on the ward were very unsupportive with breast feeding and was very worried when I got home not feeling very confident.

Leo is now nearly 4 weeks and doing really well after a few days I felt more confident, feeding has been difficult but we've stuck at it and he's happy. i'm recovering well I've had some treatment at the hospital for the stitches and not in too much pain now.

I'm just very grateful he made it here safely :happydance:

That's some birth story! Well done!
I'm a wimp with pain too so I know what you mean with epidural being a huge relief! Lol.
Congrats hun!
Welcome to the world little man! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"