Birth Story of Georgia 17/09/10

katzone

Mummy to two!
Reaction score
Well as she was measuring small on scans they decided to ask me in to be induced on 16th September at 39 + 6 weeks.
So off I went at 10.15am - things went quickly when I was induced with DS so fully expected it to kick off straight away. After the pessary I started having mild contractions within minutes but that was all they stayed, mild. :nope:
They left me 24hrs but as nothing much was happening I was taken up to delivery suite to have my waters broken at lunchtime on the 17th.
Oh it was horrid, my cervix was NOT favourable, the midwife didn't even want to try and went to get one of the consultants to have a go instead. Nice chap but he kept catching my outer "bits" with the hook - OUCH! :dohh:
The waters went over the course of an hour in 5 or 6 big, hot gushes. It was after this they began the drip, at first it was fine ... gradually the contractions got worse so I started the gas and air - brilliant - I was laughing inbetween contractions and found it helped during.
They kept turning the drip up every 15 mins and soon the pain was getting unbearable...things progressed very quickly then.
I found myself wanting to push and the gas and air wasn't doing a thing for me, I was far too along to have any other drugs (diamorphine/epidural) so after getting very angry at the stupid gas and air thingy I ended up with no pain relief at all :wacko:
After about 15 big pushes and biting down on the plastic lining of the bed mattress :haha: (dunno what possessed me to do that) little Georgia was born at 8.22pm weighing 5lbs 14oz - she felt a LOT bigger :lol:
I am NEVER doing it again, after experiencing my first time with an epidural and second without I now know how bad it can get (sorry don't want to scare any first timers)!

https://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7169/018tn.jpg

Aww congratulations hunni shes gorgeous!!! Sorry to hear you found the birth really painful I've heard that they can be with inductions. I'm glad to hear it progressed well though gives me hope that mine will too. x

Congratulations! I was induced with Emma too and she was the same weight as your LO :) I'm hoping I don't have to be induced this time around as everyone says it's so much worse being induced so I'd like to see for myself!!

Just saw this, was wondering how u were getting on :) Congrats!

Hey twinny i kept coming on to see if you had posted and it gets even spookier. . . .

1. i will never do it again now knowing the real pain.... i also had epidural first time.
2. i have a george and you have a georgia!!!!!!

Anyway HUGE congratulations... she's beautiful xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->