Birth Story Of My Lil Girl :) First Time Mummy

xcharx

Reaction score
:hi: everyone!! well here goes my birth story..

Soo my lil girl was due 9th June. I had a sweep at 39weeks +5 & then again at 40weeks +5 but nothing happened soo i was booked in to be induced on the 19th June :) I was hoping shed make an apperance before this had to happen but nooo she was way too comfy!!
so 19th June came, went to hospital to be induced.. had 2 gels inserted & was told i was 2 cm but no contractions so id have to stay the night to try again the next day :( was gutted that they hadnt worked that day!! the worse bit about having the gel is having to stay laying down for an hour :(

so i was transfered to a ward at 7pm & made myself comfy.. id been having period pains since the second gel but nothing stronger.. 9pm came & OH had to leave so i was on my own! decided to try & get some sleep, I was the only lady in my bay until about 4am when a lady was put in the bay whod had her baby :)

well 5am contractions started! at first i jus thought 'damn these are uncomfy' but within 30mins i was in agony!!! i was pacing the ward, having to stop in my tracks when a contraction came a moaning through them.. i decided to lay down, but i found this more painfull and moaned even more - near enough crying.. well the woman whod been put in the bay with me asked the MCA to move her coz i was keeping her awake - this really p*ssed me off as shed jus had a baby so she should know what i was going through!! the MCA came to see me & i asked for the MW to come && for some gas & air... it seemed like forever until the MW came & brought me the G&A.. she examined me and said i was 4cm :happydance: i whimpered 'so what we going to do then?' and she said shed take me to labour & delivery! i rang my OH who was MAJOR EXCITED and told him to meet me at L&D...

got down to L&D (about 6) and the first words out my mouth were 'can i have some more stronger pain relief' :haha: so the MW gave me pethadine & some relaxing stuff.. the relaxing stuff made me sleep in between contractions but i found the pethadine did nothing BUT i kept soldiering on through the contractions.. at 7am the MW changed over & i had a lovely MW :) she was AMAZING throughout!!

At 9am i was examined again and i was 7/8 cms.. the MW could see i wasnt coping with just G&A soo the anthetist was called to give me an epi.. while he was trying to insert it i had a contraction - trying to keep still through a contraction is DAMN HARD lol but as soon as the epi started working i was alot more awake :) even though id the epi i kept feeling alot of pressure pushing down on my bum during a contraction soo i was still using the G&A..

at 4pm i was still only 8cm, the epi had slowed my progression down soo i was put on a drip to kick start them again.. i kept falling asleep at this point & the last time i had a top up of the epi was at 4.30pm... the MW broke my waters shortly after this as they still hadnt popped :haha:

i started pushing at 18.30 and i was truly exhausted by this point.. i was pushing but felt like i was getting nowhere :( so i was begging them to get her out & near enough crying.. i remember my OH touching my leg and saying 'come one push push' to which i replied 'f*ck off dont touch me' :haha:

at 19.50 on 20th June 2011 I gave birth to my beautifull lil girl Kiara :) she weighed 7lb 8ounces!! she was put straight onto my chest & did a nice pooh before being passed to daddy.. i needed a few stitches as i had a 2nd degree tear

*now ladies dont read the following if your scared of giving birth* i pushed the placenta out && trouble started - i wouldnt stop bleeding.. the MW code reded me & before i knew it the room was filled with docs, senior MW, MCAs and whoever else may of come in.. id lost 2liters/4 pints of blood.. they gave me an injection to stop the bleed && thankfully it worked.. while all this was going on i had ppl shoving more canulas in my arm which bloody hurt!! i was completly out of it, i kept falling asleep.. i kept saying hello as everyone introduced themselves && saying thanks when they left!! i wasnt given a blood transfusion - jus plenty of fluids & iron tablets

after birth i held kiara, had my tea and toast and fell asleep, even though i kept waking up every hour to look at kiara :) it was horrible though because i couldnt reach her crib because of all the drips i had!!

soo laides thats my story :) heres a few of my tips:
*drink plenty of fluids during labour, G&A makes you soo damn thirsty lol
*dont be afraid to ask for pain relief, i didnt really want to have an epi but i couldnt cope with it && im soo glad i did
*sleep when you need - pushing is really exhausting!!
* make sure you have your tea & toast after - they dont really let you eat during labour so you need something after

Hope you al have a safe labour & enjoy your babies :) x

Congrats Char! Soo happy for you, she is sooo cute :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->