birth to potty nappies Vs sized

P

purple_socks

whats better 4 me to buy?

i know birth to potty ones r quite pricey but...

1)doesn't it save money that u don't need to buy different sizes
2)i plan on having another LO pos b4 Kian is out of nappies so surely having ones they can share is easier.
3)i plan on slowly swtiching to cloth so i can build my stash up over time if price is the main issue

or am i missing something abt sized?

I personally prefer btp ones as they grow with your lo and with Kian been 6 months now you will get plenty of use out of them.
I say go for btp ones xx

Id go for BTP at 6 months old.
I have mainly BTP nappies, I have a stash of "small" size ones in various makes to use whilst BTP nappies will still be a little too bulky but once baby grows out of those he will be in BTP 90% of the time. I do have a couple of sized Blueberrys and Itti Bittis but who can resist such lovely nappies?!!

Sized nappies do have their bonuses and Id probably go with having a few anyway if/when you can afford it, I have bought the majority of mine preloved and in bulk for discount.

The only other drawback I can see for the BTP diapers is that really big babies may not fit in them all the way to the potty stage (I don't think our one size FBs are gonna last until Emma hits the potty since she's on the largest snap setting already). We have mostly one size diapers though and some brands are made bigger than others so we'll probably just have to replace a few of the smaller brands with sized diapers later. Overall, I think the BTP diapers are the best value too. Have fun shopping :)

I have got mainly birth to potty as I can then use them on both my girls :)

I've bought the Flip btp ones as my main nappies and then I'm picking up some preloved sized ittis, fuzzin bunz, blueberry etc just because they're pretty and I can sell them on when I want to go up a size :thumbup:

Apart from itti bittis (which are so cute that they get their own special rules), my rule is that I will only buy expensive nappies (like BBs or weenotions etc) if they're BTP cos you get more use out of them so I can justify it better to myself! Actually most of my stash is BTP apart from the ittis and smart nappies (which I found really good when Leyla was a newborn, though she was never very small, as they are trimmer than others I've tried).

I think I feel like I can justify spending the money more on BTP as they should last till he's potty training! x

BTP- we were told works out cheaper long term but less precise a fit and less likely to last more than one child because the velcro/poppers take a beating

Sized. more precise fit on smaller babies, less wear and tear because u use them for a while and then move up a size soe more likely to last more than one kiddie

This is just what we've been told so i dont know how true it is

Yeah what the others said, I think BTP are less likely to fit a newborn and a large toddler, I have nearly all BTP now but used small sized ones when Freya was born and will be doing the same next time. Thankfully I don't think she will ever grow out of BTP like some big babies do. :)

I had a few sized ones to start out with as they do fit better on a newborn but now mine are pretty much all BTP!!

I have very few of my sized nappies left as i've sold them to buy my preferred nappies! :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->