Birthday party ideas for 5 year old...

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I need it to be something that both boys and girls enjoy...

all ideas appreciated xx

How about a backyard party with lots of silly races and games, hide some candy (like lollypops or something small) around the house and do a hunt, maybe have little prizes for the winners of each activity?

Or go to a pizza parlor and just have a lunch party, maybe hand out some pen and paper activities the kids can do at their tables (word searches, etc).

Chuck E. Cheese, bouncy houses, pool parties, bowling parties, McDonald's/pizza parties, backyard parties, etc. are all popular in the US.

For my DS1's 5th birthday party we hired a bouncy castle, put out party food on our dining table for kids to help themselves, and had a couple of party games (pass the parcel, and pin the tail on the donkey)

We did 5th birthday party last year and DS wanted boys and girls too. In the end we decided (with Daniel's help) to go to a local sports centre where they do parties - they provided a bouncy castle and other toys for 45 min and then they sat down and had food for another 45 min. It seemed to go well.
We priced up many different things and it was actually cheaper to do that than hire the castle and buy all the food etc.

At a park/playground - food on a table so they can come and go - give all the birthday kids their own special bday tshirt to help keep track of them - let them draw on it with tshirt markers.
Backyard fun - sack race, 3 legged race, spoon race, funny clothes race, pinata, etc instead of good bags, have prizes for everyone doing the races, and pinata stuff they can grab.
Inside - treasure hunt, painting a keepsake box/bag for their own goodybag at the end, hire a magician to come to the house
Swim party - at our rec centre you can buy a swim party - comes with instructors to watch them all and organize swim play stuff for them all, and food in their cafe afterwards

Chuck E Cheese is wonderful! Yes its loud and can get crazy, but ALL kids had a blast. I did spend just a little more on it being held there then at my house but it was completely worth it because i didn't have to clean up for it and prepare anything and i didn't have to clean up after it. Came home to a clean house and i could put my feet up and relax!

Maybe it will be easier if you pick out a theme first then work from there. This site was very helpful when I was planning a party with my kids when they were younger: https://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/party_ideas.html

I was just about to post about children's entertainers when I noticed your thread:

I'm starting to plan my daughter's 5th birthday - it's not for a while but it will be her first party and I want it to be amazing! I think a traditional party is best for 5 year olds. The parties my DD's friends have had have all had different themes and activities but ALWAYS end up with the children running round and round the hall because all they want to do is play!

I've got lots of good visual ideas from pinterest - I just type in children's party ideas or a theme I'm thinking about

I went to a good party (I'm in Yorkshire - not sure where you are) where the children stroked lizards and other animals and learnt about them - Sam Safaris (google)

I went to a brilliant one where the lady running it did bubbles, streamers, bouncy toys, parachute games, and inflatables but I didn't get her name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->