Birthday presents and Harvest Festival contributions - how much?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
My daughter just started school last month so I'm new to all this!

I was just wondering - what's the average you all spend on a present when your LO is invited to a party?

And what's everyone giving for harvest festivals? I'm not sure how much or exactly what kind of things! We had a letter on Friday saying they're doing Harvest assemblies all week and that they're asking for contributions so they can do a collection of things that they'll give out on Friday to the old people in the village.

xx

My DD had their harvest festival celebrations last week, we gave a few tins of fruit and bags of rice, about 6 things in all.

For birthdays i asked the same question as since starting school she's been invited to 4 parties already, I was thinking £10 each but apparently it's more like £5. Although trying to find a decent present for £5 is proving to be a little difficult!

I think typically they say £5. I usually spend about £8 cause I don't feel you can get much for a fiver.

Summer had a letter about the harvest contributions and they said a maximum of five items. Tins /packets etc. nothing fresh or with a close use by date :)

We normally find something nice for a £5, although a lot of gifts seem to come from the works, sometimes we go over.

As for harvest festival DS goes to a special school and were told tins and package goods. So I think we just sent in pie. DS goes by bus and would have to carry this in his bag and remember to give it to the teacher which is hit and miss at times and tins get heavy!

Funny I was going to suggest The Works-I've just bought a present from there. I aim for £5 but in reality it can end up being a little more. As they get older and the number of parties decreases then I will spend more.

For harvest I sent in a packet of rice with one child and a couple of tins with the other.

Birthday parties I plan for around $10 for a gift. School parties...we haven't had any yet so not sure on that one. They are planning a Halloween party for the end of the month and parents are supposed to provide the treats, and activities, etc but not heard details yet on a sign up for how much we are expected to provide.

about £5 for a present. As for harvest stuff, my kids' school doesn't do that. I remember mine did when I was a kid though, my mam used to send about 3-4 tins of stuff.

£5 for birthdays.
shes 3.5 atm so presents have been colouring books & pencils, playdoh, lego etc.

i usually buy things off amazon when on offer & store them.. theyve got a few playdoh kits on offer atm & also innotab games for £8 instead of £20!

for harvest she took in a tin of fruit, baked beans & a few bags of rice. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->