Birthing Music

Waiting4bb

Two march babies <3
Reaction score
Does anyone have a playlist started for their birth? I'm curious to see what everyone likes. Here are some of mine:

Trevor Hall, Calvin Harris, Iron & Wine, Coldplay, Fleet Foxes, Ray Lamontagne, maybe some Death Cab, Snow Patrol, Ingrid Michaelson, The Xx, Simon and Garfunkel, Pearl Jam, Cold War Kids, Sufjan Stevens, William Fitzsimmons..... probably some more that I can't think of. :)

Who knows what I'll actually want to listen to when the time comes, but that's the advantage of doing a really massive mix on the ipod! Then if I'm not feeling it I can just shuffle. :thumbup:

I think yours sounds good, me and OH were debating whether relaxing 'chill' music would be good or if stuff you knew the lyrics to would be good so you can concentrate on the lyrics.

I think I'm going to try a mix of all my fave songs and some good chilled out stuff and see what I fancy on the day!

Mine includes all sorts (not actually made it yet but in the planning stages). I'm going for mostly really chilled and hypnotic repetitive music that I can zone out to. I'm planning a hypno-birth so that fits in with that. I may just end up playing a selection of favourites in the beginning though so I can sing along!!

I ended up listening to the Enigma McMxc AD cd over & over.

i'll just open up youtube and make OH put on whatever i feel like in the moment no doubt lol

I think yours sounds good, me and OH were debating whether relaxing 'chill' music would be good or if stuff you knew the lyrics to would be good so you can concentrate on the lyrics.

I think I'm going to try a mix of all my fave songs and some good chilled out stuff and see what I fancy on the day!

I was wondering the same thing. I think there will be moments when I will want some relaxing and then times when I will want something more intense. Who knows what will sound good in the moment right?! Better have some options. :)

I don't want anything with lyrics...so probably B-Tribe, Ott, Bluetech, Phutureprimitive

Ooh, good music choices! The only thing I'm definite about is that I will have Led Zeppelin and Mozart playing (quite a difference, I know :laugh2:). I think I will prefer something "rockin'" to help me focus, rather than mellow trance type music.

I haven't thought too much about this yet, but I will for sure have some soft Incubus playing because his voice is just heavenly.

This is a great post! I was wondering too what's on other's labor playlists. I think I'll definitely have some Radiohead and a mixture of lyrics and "no lyrics" songs. I'm going to look into meditative-type tracks - like what you might hear in yoga class.

I have youtubes a bunch of relaxing birthing music as we are doing hypnobirthing and don't want lyrics so I can hear Dh's voice talking to me softly!

OOooh yes, Incubus and Radiohead too. I love the song "Aqueous Transmission" by Incubus. That song could put me to sleep. :)

I made two playlists when I was pregnant with my son - "Labor - Calm" and "Labor - Upbeat". Then everything went so blasted fast we never had time to even put music on!

Of course, I went to find them to post the playlists here and I've gone and deleted them. I suppose I have quite some time to recreate them, but still!

Oh, that is a great idea. I'm gonna make my playlist as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->