birthing pool question

amylou1992

Reaction score

im considering haveing a home birth with a birthing pool, but how much do they generaly cost to hire?

also is there any age restrictions that some MW won't allow you to have a home birth?

Here's a link to a website that hires out pools - you'd probably have to order it from about 37 weeks and if you went 2 weeks over it could end up being a little bit pricey? I have to say that at those prices, you'd probably be better off buying an inflatable pool of your own (if cost is an issue). You can pick them up on Ebay too and all you have to do is buy a new sterile liner. x

https://www.samanthajaynebirthingpools.co.uk/birthing-pool-hire-heated-and-fill--use-1-c.asp

you can buy a pool for the price of hiring ( i got mine for £50 from ebay) also my nhs has a few loan pools but i think its luck of the draw as to if youll actually get to use one. ive not heard of any age restrictions before :)

thanks :0 im considering a home birth, if my OH agrees, my hospital birth with my 1st wasnt a good memory and they really wasnt helpful so thinking home birth this time, then no snoty midwife or screaming babies on a ward :D

well you still might get a snotty midwife ;-) me and my little girl do indoor swimming in out pool (will sterilise it before labour obviously) i see it as an investment cause we will continue to do so in the future.her water confidence has grown massively so its ace

thats true lol, my last midwife was a right cow, in the end i complained about her lack of care, also the lack of aftercare i recived. wouldn't like to go through that again so im hopeing on a home birth.....all pending how my 1st scan goes

https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/ this seems to be the cheapest pool hire company but as has been said you can probably buy one cheaper. I got mine for £40 with everything included! You have got plenty of time so keep checking e bay.
x

tanks, i wana wait til my scan 2 see if everything is ok 1st n hopeful by time LO comes well be in a house, dnt fancy havin a home birth while livin in a block of flats :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->