Birthmark - bleeding

Carolyn

Reaction score
Abigail has three four birth marks, 3 are classed as stork marks (on her eyelids and nape of neck) one is a flat birth mark on the side of her nose.

this morning it had a scab on it. not the whole birthmark, just some of it. this was not there at the fouro clock feed! (i don't think)

anyways, then i remember how niggly she'd been yesterday, rubbing her face in an agitated manner and really screaming before a feed, something that she doesn't normally do.

when i was washing her, i avoided the mark, but she wriggled and i wiped the 'scab'. it came off and underneath there was a small 'hole' where the blood had obviously come from.

she was mega niggly yesterday, woke up in a good mood but by mid morning was really niggly. now she's asleep but keeps grunting and groaning!!

rang hv, she's on holiday. rang another hv who said i should let dr look at it. no appoinments today, as it's 'half day' (WTF???), got to ring at 8am tomorrow to see someone. my question: (At long last) do i need to take it further today, or can it wait til tomorrow? (she's feeding fine)

(Sorry for the long post, i think i'm much more succinct and to the point when i have to type one handed rather than two handed like this, sorry!):blush:

Hi!

She has probably just scratched it or something, but it is a good idea to get a doctor to look at it.

I would phone NHS 24 if you are still worried and need reassurance. When I first got Tristan home, he did not seem to poo for about 3 days and I was really worried. It was a Saturday and I could not get any midwives in, so I phoned NHS 24, they put me on to a midwife and she was great at reassuring me - and guess what, about an hour later Tristan did a massive poo!

xxx

she's very unsettled. keeps rubbing the area.

Go to emergency room if no one is available.Yout LO is obviously very uncomfortable and nees to be attended to.Perhaps the doc on duty can prescribe something to help.

she has just sneezed more than ten times and done two big pos in the last hour..seems to have settled now:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->