Biting advice needed

ArcaneSpark

Reaction score
Hello,

My LO is 7 month old & is EBF, have tried on occasional bottles but she isn't keen. In the past few days she has taken to biting hard with her only tooth and it is agony! I take her away & give an involuntary ouch noise, but does any-one have any tips, as I'm now feeling scared/reluctant everytime I go to try and nurse her!

Thank-you! X

Can't really help but didn't want to read and run. Nipple Shields? I haven't used them so I don't know how they work but it might be worth a try?

I took an early and firm approach to biting, and it stopped pretty quickly. The first time she bites, take her off and yell "Ouch! No bite!" very loudly. The goal is to have her feel a bit upset that she hurt her mommy, and to associate biting with your strong negative reaction. When you relatch her, if she bites again, yell the same thing then put her down. The feed is now over. She may be hungry and fussy, but those are the consequences. Try again in 15-20 minutes, then follow the same rules. I tried to be consistent with this and it worked. The problem was solved after just a couple days. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->