Biting!

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
Help! im breast feeding my son (9 months) and he keeps biting how do i stop this, if it keeps going on i fear i am going to have to quit breast feeding :( Thanks in advance :flower:

I have heard to scream when they bite because it scares them. I never did that, but what I did do was watch when my DD would feed, and she would do certain things that told me she was going to bite. Like looking around, and starting to wiggle. I have also heard of wearing a big necklace so they are distracted. Sadly it is a painful faze.

Thank you :) its usually when he is distracted he bits so frusterating

It is, and it hurts so bad. My daughter did it a few times and then stopped, but it was so painful.

Ouch! Yes, biting hurts. My dd started at 4 months (she's almost 6 months now) and bites usually daily atleast once, and more if she's being extra fussy. It does usually happen when she's distracted or getting bored, had anough of feeding and not wanting anymore. Not sure what you can do to stop it happening but if you say OUCH loudly they do stop and look up at you (....and normally laugh or smile, little monkeys!) x

Ive tried the "ouch" but he usually just starts giggling, he does cry sometimes if i say it loud enough but it doesnt seem to phase him.. ugh just wish that he wouldnt bite! lol

At this age they are just learning that they have teeth and figuring out how to use them. In my experience my little guy only bit me when he was full and just "playing around" i would just unlatch him and go about my business until the next feed. I dont believe you need to scare them into not biting or smack their mouth or anything like that just because theyre not doing it on purpose. Theyre learning :)
Good luck

Thank you :) he has stopped biting unless he is full and what not or when he isnt really into it, none the less i have been sublimenting with formula and trying to wean off of breast feeding and he does solids quite well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->