Biting

Noo

Mum to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
My 6mo has started really nipping. He has a poor latch anyway so tends to be in ideal position to nip the nip. How do you deal with this at this age?

I would pull him off when he bites, say, "Ouch, that hurts mommy, don't bite." and latch him on again. Repeat if he bites again.

Good luck, I'm so not looking forward to that!

I used to pull DS off, look him in the eye and say "no, not nice" or something like that in a very serious voice. He only did it a few times, and then I never had that problem again.

I get gummy bites now and he pulls back as he does it. As my son pulls off but tries to reattach, I say "no biting please" and turn him away for the boob for 5 seconds. It has actually worked and he rarely bites me now xx

Rose started biting around this age and I did as the others have said. If was just a phase and she doesn't bite now unless she's not interested in feeding in which case she might try and sneak a nibble if I'm off guard!! Good luck! :)

I used to say no in rather a high pitched voice (due to pain!) and put him down and walk off (only about 6 feet away!)
This worked quite quickly. When he got mischievous as he got older I just used to say no and put boob away, and keep it hidden for a good while.

Sometimes when they have a full set of teeth and do it accidentally when they fall asleep, rather than pull away (which is agony as they have really clamped down) shove your boob right up to their face almost squishing their nose. They have to open their mouth to get air and then you are freed. Sounds harsh but I almost lost a nipple or two before I discovered this technique

Im hzving this same problem right now! Its sooo frustrating! Will def be stalking!

My almost 6 mo daughter is biting now and she has two bottom teeth. I have read you are not supposed to cry out in pain or respond sharply as it may cause a nursing strike. It's kind of hard not to react though when it hurts so bad. I just pull out the breast and wait a few seconds. She only really does it when she is distracted or not very hungry. Sometimes its at the end of a feed. I think her top teeth are coming in soon because she's biting everything. If she is still biting BF'ing is going to be so painful!

I've noticed he growls and grins before he bites so I've been taking him off at that point with a "No, you be nice to boobie!" Seems to be working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->