Bitti d'lish SIO users - help!

Belle30

Mummy to a baby boy
Reaction score
My baby boy (10 weeks, 11lbs 6oz) is in small SIOs, and keeps getting escaping poos! He's exclusively breastfed, so his poos are runny, and it seems to be the 'run off' that escapes the nappy, via the leg hole.

It may sound daft, but I can't work out if the nappies are too small or not. The leg holes always seem to gape a bit, there's a gap between the nappy outer and LO's leg so that you can see the inners - so it doesn't surprise me that poo escapes here.

There is less gap when I do the nappy up on tighter poppers, but this makes it seem tight round his waist (not his waist exactly as the rise is low, but below his belly button.

I have never had a wee leak, only poo.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Could you try taking one of the boosters out of the nappy so that it's less bulky? Then you might be able to get a better fit around the leg.

Hmmm i didnt want to say nothing but i never used them when she was small...but it doesnt sound like they fit that well if they gape around the legs? Have you tried different makes of nappy? If you do it on a tighter popper does it leave marks? Sorry i doubt i'm much help really.

I wonder if the AIOs would fit better as they dont have the bulky bit?

Its a common SIO Itti problem. I think most people get leg gape with SIO Ittis at some point. I did for a little while and practically stopped using them but they fit Theo REALLY well now.
The AIOs tend to sit better and Ive been using mediums on Theo for a little while now too and they fit very nicely (probably better than his smalls actually)

Could you try taking one of the boosters out of the nappy so that it's less bulky? Then you might be able to get a better fit around the leg.

Thanks - I thought of that but my LO seems to do really big wees so that both boosters are pretty saturated, and that's with frequent changing. So I could just end up with escaping wees as well!

I wonder if the AIOs would fit better as they dont have the bulky bit?

They may well do as it does seem to be bulky bit that's pushing the outer down so it gapes!

Oh, I did find that adding a fleece hourglass liner helped when they werent fitting very well.

Itti's aren't best for their containment of breastfed poo, they're too slim and i don't think the aio would make much difference tbh though I can't say for certain as didn't use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->