Black Mirror- White Bear

Are you talking about the movie? If so, I couldn't find much other than this:

There were so many different elements in this film, echoes of the Moors murders, Jimmy Savile et al. mixed in with Big Brother. Victoria’s parade through the streets was the modern-day equivalent of tarring and feathering or being putting in the stocks for everyone to see.

If this isn't what you're talking about, then I'm totally lost lol

Punishing a murderer in such a way, thoughts?

I've not seen this weeks but I did see the previous.

It left me wondering about whether I would want that kind of service.... The end got a bit silly but the phone calls were something to think about???

I think I know what your talking about but can't comment as I only saw the trailer..

Damn I missed last nights. I love Charlie brooker. He has an incredibly warped way of looking at things ;). I saw last weeks but not yesterday's. brooker tends to write tongue in cheek and so the whole premise of last weeks was a dig on way too much information on social networking sites.

Damn I missed last nights. I love Charlie brooker. He has aN incredibly warped way of looking at things ;). I saw last weeks but not yesterday's. brooker tends to write tinge in cheek and so the whole premise of last weeks was a dig on way too much information on social networking sites.

Imagine if it would be possible though..... Would it be ethical??!

And the speed the world is developing at ,it probably will be possible in a few years!

Sorry OP for derailing the thread!!

Totally unethical and the ending made me very uneasy as both sides were very wrong! I can imagine a lot of people would think its a great idea though which is probably Charlie Brookers point. That episode was sooooo dark, he is a genius.

Totally unethical - I agree. It was really confusing as I couldn't help but feel sympathy for the girl at first, and then I found it hard to not sympathise with her once you found out what she had done. The ones taking part in the "justice" seemed to me to be the "evil" ones.

I guess looking at it more deeply, it just confirmed really what I have always thought about punishment of crimes such as murder - that retribution comes in the form of repaying a debt to society through the loss of freedom, remorse and rehabilitation, and that I am wholly against vigilante activity, death penalties etc.

The idea of that as a form of justice did not sit comfortably with me at all.

Charlie Brooker is a freaking genius though - I love him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->