Blacklisted IPhone 4S

J

Jade--x

Does anyone know if/how you can unblock or use a blacklisted IPhone 4S.

I haven't stolen one and trying to use it :haha: but my sister had hers stolen and she called the network who blacklisted it but we think someone is trying to sell it on Gumtree - well they're selling one with the exact same scratch really cheap with nothing but a 'new charger' and I can't think of a way to get the IMEI nimber without coming across as mental but with it being blacklisted wondered whether they could make it work in order to sell it?

I've searched the internet and found loads of conflicting information so I'm so confused so has anyone ever managed to do it?

Jailbreaking might bypass it but I'm not sure. I don't think you can use it again if it's been blacklisted but as far as computers and technology go anything is possible.

I think you can get around it somehow. Somebody i met at college claimed she "lost" hers to get a new one on the insurance and the original one was blocked but she said she "knew somebody who worked for Orange" who could get it unblocked. She ended up with two then. Im not sure of the details, i didnt like to go into her insurance fraud but whatever she did worked.

Could you make out you want to buy it and test it first and go and take a look at the IMEI number yourself?

Ask for the IMEI to check for warranty and if it's been away for repair, say you want to check for your own peace of mind but you're very interested once you have that :D

Yeah I was thinking of doing that but thought if they had got it working my number would be in my sisters phonebook, so my sisters friends using their parents phone and calling them tomorrow and hopefully they haven't already sold it - at £200 in 'perfect condition' just something doesn't seem right and my sisters only had one scratch on the actual apple bit. Hopefully it is hers and she gets it back but the police have been absolutely useless

Ohh I didn't know there was ways you could check the warranty and things through the IMEI that's actually a good excuse!x

If i was selling a phone (and was a genuine seller) i would never give that number out to anybody. They could have it blocked just from having it. Hopefully they give it to you though!

I had mine stolen last year and had to have it blocked and I had to verify all my security information first so I don't think a randomer could ring and get it blocked :) I'd be a bit suspicious if someone asked for mine though to be honest lol.

My friend text and its already been sold :/ think she really has lost it for good :/ x

Depends how it was blocked, if It was through the imei number then jail breaking might bypass it, if it was through find my iPhone that is so easy to bypass its ridiculous.

eBay recommend a site where you input the imei number and it only costs 99p or something but tells u if the phones been blocked and by who etc.

Even if it was blocked by find my iPhone all the person has to do is put it in dfu mode and reset the phone to factory settings. It works brand new and if their still iffy that the previous owner will block it by imei they can go to apple and say its not working right and get a brand new iPhone.

Hope this helps x

Thanks hon it was through 3 with the IMEI number she blocked it she hadn't downloaded the find my iphone app and kicked herself once it was taken that she hadn't. It was passworded but I think that's really easy to bypass if you know what you're doing x

You can tell by the serial number

She might find her serial number here https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...618204c476572a1b5e5fb3518&path&language=US-EN

She needs to log in and check the list of her devices. The serial number will be there if her 4S is there. (i found my orginal ipad in this list and i didnt physically register it so it must have automatically happened on activation

The serial number can't be changed but an IMEI number can (even though it's illegal)

The serial number can also be searched for any repairs and warranty history, so yes, you could play that card and say you wanted to check repair statuses(if outstanding) and remaining warranty

Aw thats shit hun I take it phone provider cant tell if its been unblocked.

I was just thinking, if you do get the serial number, perhaps its worth speaking to the police. Maybe they can act as middlemen.

Don't know if it's alredy been said, but I'm sure it's only blocked in the UK. I got my Blackberry 9900 stolen and the guy at carphone warehouse said it would only be blocked in the UK.

xo

Also, it may work on the 3 network (the blocks often don't cover 3)

To be honest everyone that could have helped police mobile network etc have been useless. We were told they could track it by GPS when it was first taken but they said they could but it wasn't really important enough to. It was taken from her bag in a pub and the pub she was in my friends partner is manager of and she said how every inch of it is covered by CCTV but only the police or the big boss can access it - The police didn't bother to and again said it wasn't important enough to look for. It might not be important to them but to an 18 year old student who'd saved up £500 to buy that phone it was a huge deal. And 3 can apparently track them even if they're turned off and they said they wouldn't do that either unless the police asked them to. She didn't have it insured either and the house insurance didn't cover it so she's having to save up again :/ x

blueskai is right it will work abroad it only gets blocked to uk networks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->