Blake Ethan Lamberton - 09/07/09 *updated with more pics page 2*

geogem

PREGNANT!!!
Reaction score
Wednesday night we went to our annual motorbike night and after walking for well over 2 miles I told George we needed to go home as I was aching like hell!! funnily enough he was on nights anyway so he dropped me off and went straight to work. When I got home I went to the loo and noticed I had, had a show!! But after a few hours of bouncing on my ball nothing had happened so I went to bed.

I woke up at ten to four in a little pain and went to the loo, then had another one whilst on the loo. thought I'd time them but when I was getting them every 3 mins I thought it was time to ring George and get him home from work!! Although I must admit it didnt hurt alot, was just a little uncomfortable but the midife told me to go in and get checked out.

when I arrived at the hospital it was approx 5.30am and when examined I was 6cms!! I was still very chilled out and having a giggle with George and the MW's and the pain was bearable. well after walking around the room for a couple of hours the pains had gotten 100 times worse but I was still fine and could breath through them and was getting urges to push!!

mw had a check and told me baby would be here within half an hour as she could already see his head!! after a little while tho the contractions got a little worse and my left leg started to buckle when I was stood up so was advised to get on the bed but was on all fours leaning over the rear of the bed when MW then said actually looking at the way he is laid if you get on your side this baby will be here in less than 10 mins!! well obviously I flung myself onto my side and that was it I couldnt hold off the pushes any longer!! I gave one big push and the mw shouted at me to stop and pant as his head was here, his cord was round his neck so she quickly released it and told me to push again and with one last push out came Blake weighing 7lb 13.5oz @ 09.50 and they put him straight onto my chest under my nightie for a cuddle!! at that moment George burst into tears and I fell in love with my beautifil son!! he sooo adorable and the double of his daddy!!

The only problem was as the last stage was sooo quick they didnt have time to jab me with the drug that helps deliver the placenta so I had to have a physiological 3rd stage and naturally push the placenta out - which I might add was a piece of cake after just delivering a baby!!

I also never needed any stiches although I did graze a little which I think can actually be worse than the first where i needed masses of stiches!!

So all in all the birth was an extremely pleasant experience and it was perfect!! I never wrote a birth plan but tbh if I had it would have gone excatly to plan. I now feel absoloutely amazing and I was already back into my pre-pregnancy jeans 4 days after the birth!! BF'ing is going extremely well and Blake is the light of my life!!

thanks for reading girls I have probably bored you to death but here are some pics of my little man!!

Attachments

• blake6.jpg
    blake6.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 612
  • blake.jpg
    blake.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 609
  • blake5.jpg
    blake5.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 616
Sounds perfect hon!! I'm so glad you had such a good labour, and Blake is being so good for you!! He's absolutely gorgeous, congrats xxxx

oh gem he's lovely :cloud9:
nice to read a relaxing positive birth story just before my induction...thanks hun! x

Awww am so glad it all went so well for you and Blake is absolutely gorgeous!

Congrats i love the name blake...he is adorable x

I am so frickin jealous!!!!

Haha, seems Im not very good at this labour thing - you are wonderful at it!

Blake it adorable - congratulations sweetie xxx

Congratulations he is beautiful xxx

thanks ladies - thought I'd add a couple more piccies for ya!!

Attachments

• DSCF2540.jpg
    DSCF2540.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF2543.jpg
    DSCF2543.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF2545.jpg
    DSCF2545.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 25
well done gem, he is gorgeous xxx :hugs:

Congratulations on little :blue: bundle - hes lovely :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks ladies, still feeling really lucky sa he is nearly sleeping through at just over 2 weeks old!! yippee!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->