Bleeding 4 weeks PP

Mushymilkfor2

Tabatha
Reaction score
I'm 4 weeks postpartum yesterday and I started bleeding yesterday. I assumed my period was starting and didn't think much about it. Except today I've noticed a pain in my uterus, not like period cramps but more like a "sore" feeling.

The bleeding is bright red, but light and nothing like my periods were before. Do they tend to run light the first time afterwards, or could it be something else?

Are you breastfeeding? If so, the chances of it being your period are very small. If you are formula feeding it's possible that it's your period. Did your lochia completely stop for several days? If not it's likely still lochia. I bled for almost seven weeks with ds1 and this time around at 4 weeks pp am still bleeding small amounts that are either pink or red. It happens mostly when I bf but also at times when I get up off the couch.

As for the soreness...my gauge for a doctors visit is if I am sore, if I have any funny smells or if my lochia becomes heavy suddenly several weeks in. I would see your doctor just to be sure you don't have an infection.

I am breastfeeding, which I thought kept your period away longer but didn't think it was impossible. Lochia didn't stop, but I haven't had any blood since 4 or 5 days after. And I haven't done more than normal, which is what I thought was the main reason for bleeding starting again.

I guess I'll give my doctor a call.

Thank you!

I went through the same thing. I am cureentry 6 weeks pp and it just stopped yesterday. It had stopped for a couple days at 4 1/2 weeks pp then came back all of a sudden. It was lighter than my normal period and I had a light sore feeling as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->