Bleeding after 6 week pp pap exam? (possible tmi warning)

Surprised26

Reaction score
Yesterday I had my 6 week check up, and after coming home, noticed a few spots of blood on my panties, then today I've had enough blood to completely fill two pads and every time I go the the bathroom, blood just seems to pour into the toilet. Bright red and a lot thinner than period blood. I stopped my postnatal bleeding at 4 weeks so I definitely wasn't expecting any more blood. The reason I'm not contributing the blood to a period is that it would be odd timing. The PAP exam seems to have triggered the bleeding. Should I been worried? Or is this normal after childbirth? I've already decided that if it hasn't slowed by monday that I'm calling my OB. Just wanting some reassurance...

Bleeding up to about 6 weeks or so pp is completely normal, and you can have red bleeding come back around 4-6 weeks, especially if you do too much. I would imagine that the pap caused irritation that's made the bleeding start up again. I can't actually even imagine wanting to do an exam so soon after birth or why your doctor did. That sounds awful and would have been really painful for me. I am high risk because of previous pre-cancerous cells and even I waited until about 3 months pp for my next one. So I'm guessing it's just the pap that's caused the bleeding to start up again. I had really heavy bleeding after one once (like enough to soak completely through my jeans by the time I drove home from the doctor) and this was before I was even pregnant. If it doesn't stop in a couple days though, it's worth maybe getting it checked, especially if you start to feel any pain or get flu-like symptoms as that can be a sign of a uterine infection (unlikely, but poking around down there could always stir something up or introduce bacteria when you weren't entirely healed yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->