Bleeding behind placenta at 7 weeks

Heather0209

Reaction score
So I went to my ob today for bad cramps. On a sono I saw the baby (7w 3d with 144 hb), but also saw a bleed behind the placenta. OB says to take it easy, no lifting, pushing, pulling, etc... He did say it increases the risk of mc. Did anyone else have this? I'm just worried about another mc...

It sounds like a SCH (subchorionic hematoma)...which CAN cause a miscarriage, but more often, it does not create any further complications than the bleeding episodes, which are obviously scary. Many, many women develop SCH's in early pregnancy, and everything is fine. In fact, I do believe in the Pregnancy Groups forum, there's a SCH group over there for women going through this specifically...it may be helpful! Good luck, and do take it easy!

Thank you! I'm trying not to worry too much but that's easier said than done.

I had this with my little boy. I had some spotting between 7-9 weeks but it was fine, my body just absorbed the blood and I went in to have a healthy pregnancy x

I had one that was near the gestational sac, but didn't affect it. It was discovered at 10 weeks and I just had a followup and it's completely resolved. I didn't have any spotting either.

Good luck and hope it goes away quickly with little to no spotting!

I had one at 7 weeks and had disappeared by 15 weeks. Mine was surrounding all on the top of her sac. Mine lasted a little longer then the normal but everything was fine. I was FREAKED out though because they said my baby had a 50/50 chance of survival. She is a happy and healthy 17 month old now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->