Bleeding during labour

xQuinnx

Reaction score
I gave birth to my little girl 13 weeks ago and I still don't think I've gotten over the birth. I have an appointment to go through my notes in January but I can't get it out of my head. I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience to me...

Some of this May be tmi..

When I was about 3cm dilated I had a sudden gosh which I presumed were my waters but it was all bright red blood. It was ways more then a period and covered my legs. I went into hospital, they examined me, I can't remember what the midwife said but I think she said it could be the show. I explained if had the show earlier and this was different. I was filling maternity pads every couple of hours at least. They put me on continuous fetal monitoring and gave me IV fluids, a few hours later they broke my waters and soon after my little girl was born. I was given the injection for bleeding/placenta (can't remember what it's called) but my placenta didn't come away completely, only a tiny part did and the rest was removed manually.

No one actually told me what caused the bleeding, why the wanted to monitor my baby, why they gave me fluids - nothing. I presumed it must have been ok but talking to friends who've had babies no one else has experienced this except for the manual removal of the placenta.

What could have caused the bleeding? I can't stop thinking about it and feeling really scared even though everything was ok in the end :(

This happened to me too! Although I didn't have a show before hand and they said it was that.
I went into hospital and whilst I was being sick in a bin in the corridor I suddenly felt a gush, I announced that I had wet myself but when I got to a toilet I was covered in blood, my partner called the midwife in as he was worried she just looked at me and said oh there's your show not to worry. I then got examined and was 4/5cm
I always thought it was far to much blood for a show but never really questioned it.
(Sorry tmi) it was all coming out of me and had covered all down my legs, I always thought a show was bloody or blood streaked mucus?!
With my second I had exactly that, blood streaked mucus/jelly so I put that as my show and went into labour not long after!
Be interested to see what they say to you.
I wouldn't worry to much, your little one is here!
I never had any effects from it and went on to have another 2 years later

I'm glad it's not just me being crazy! I'll update this with what they say, my appointments the 16th Jan. I'm glad you went on to have another little one two years later :) gives me hope! x

It's very frustrating not being told what's happening/happened. I still don't have answersfor what happened during my daughters delivery and she's 14 months. I'm now pregnant again and intend to go through my notes before deciding on delivery plans this time. I still have flashbacks and physical effects from delivery including being faecally incontinent! I so hope you get answers. Xxx

Teri7489 that sounds awful :( I hope you get some closure from your notes x

Update:

I had my birth reflections appointment today it was incredibly helpful and the midwife was lovely. According to my notes the bleeding was from my placenta had started to come away. The midwife said that when the placenta comes to the end of it's life it can start to deteriorate and this is why women are induced 42 weeks latest (UK anyway) mine just started to get old a bit quicker haha but didn't affect baby.

I feel so much better having had it explained to me and would recommend this type of service to anyone :)

An pleased you got some answers and are feeling more positive regarding your labour now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->