Bleeding heavier and clots pp?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Anyone else have any issues with random pp bleeding episodes?

Major TMI but here goes.
I'm almost 2 weeks pp and my bleeding seemed to be tapering off gradually to dark coloured blood loss with light flow.
However, about an hour ago, I had a weird tugging sensation in my uterus, went to the loo and passed a fair size clot (approx satusuma size) plus a few smaller ones and then a whole load of dark liquid blood into the toilet. I soaked another pad and its now settled to bright red bleeding much like a normal AF.

How normal is this? Has anyone else had random clots and bleeding like this?

It's normal to have days of heavier bleeding here and there during the first month or so, but I was told to give the midwives a call if I had any clots. Maybe just be in touch with them and get things checked out.

Mine went away during the week and yesterday its come back just like a period.

It sounds like your body is doing the right thing but I'd call the midwives just in case. Try and rest as much as you can it'll help the body heal faster :)

I had a very similar experience.

Heavy bleeding first week, tapered off the second week and then suddenly when I was on the loo, felt a huge lump fall out me. I was in shock as it was so big and I hadn't had any clots before. I then had a little heavy bleeding for a few days an then it stopped completely by 4 weeks.

I was fine but if your bleeding is still very heavy and you pass more large clots, I would get checked. Try not to worry as I'm sure you are fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->