bleeding.....

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
On Thursday morning I started bleeding, its not heavy heavy, and is mostly only when I wipe. The doctor got me in for an emergency scan on Friday where I had prepared myself for the worst..however they found a heartbeat and I am about six weeks pregnant.
The thing is i am still bleeding, its no heavier but shows no signs of stopping either. I'm terrified, at what point do I go back to the doctors?

Call them specifically and ask when you should come back. They're the experts. I hope it stops for you soon. :hugs:

Hugs. How stressful for you. Yes I would call them back. But in the meantime really try and rest and drink lots of water. Did they say what caused the bleeding in the first place or were they just happy with the fact they'd seen a healthy baby and hb? Lots of woman do bleed in pregnancy but it can cause lots of stress x

They didn't say what the bleed was, they were just happy to see the heartbeat and told me to contact the doctor or midwife if the bleeding got heavier or carried on, but I'm unsure of how long to leave it until I call the doctors.
Am trying to rest and drink lots, I have everything crossed I just don't know what to think at the moment 😞

An ultrasound tech told me that finding a heartbeat after bleeding starts is a very good sign. In a miscarriage, the baby has usually passed on days or weeks before the bleeding starts. You probably have leftover implantation blood, an irritated cervix or a SCH. A SCH does increase your risk of miscarrying, but does not make it an absolute.

I had 2 SCHs, which caused bleeding from week 5 to week 10. At week 10, they had completely healed, and both babies are still alive. In fact I listened to both heartbeats with my doppler a few minutes ago :)

Thankyou dark star, that's re assuring to know, I just wish the bleeding would stop, its making me so anxious. Thankyou x

I'd give them a call tomorrow just to be safe and let them know you're still bleeding and ask if you should come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->