Blighted Ovum.. Gonna try again..

angeleyesf29

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
I found out I was pregnant in beginning of may and ended up in ER the end of may. I was having some spotting and cramping. Long story short, ended up having ultrasound and there was a sac but no baby. A week later went for another u/s and still no change. Went home just miserable, and just couldn't bare to wait.. I was cramping quite regulary and wanted it all just to go away. Well June 7th went back to Dr. and told him that I just couldn't bare to wait anymore so he gave me the Perscription Misoprostol... Now I have some questions... I started the first dose vaginally on the 7th and that evening OMG!!! Cramping and lots of bleeding and large clots expelled. Thank god for pain meds... Now I have a perscription to take for 5 days, but I am pretty sure everything is out. I did take the next dose on the 8th and there was some cramping, but not really anything else expect for bleeding. I also took my dose today. I called and the nurse and she told me I wouldn't have to take them anymore if I think everything has came out. But there is a chance that if not everything came out I might need surgery. So I guess I will continue to take them... Now for the question.. Has anyone else had the same experience with this med? If so has anyone gotten pregnant right after using it?? We have been trying for so long and it was just devistating to go thru, and I know I am not the only one out there so please give some insite???? Thanks ladies, and Good luck to you all!!!!:hugs:

Didn't want to read and run...I'm sorry for your loss, I too had a blighted ovum at around 7 weeks. I had a d and c though so am unable to comment on the med xx

Sorry for your loss honey...
My advice is to definately have an ultrasound after you finish the meds to make sure everything is totally out. Ive had friends who have had left over tissue and went through alot before everything was ok again.

Sorry for your loss, I had med management and I would advise getting an US to check everything is out. I had retained tissue so had ultrasounds until they were sure everything had gone.

:hugs:

When I had medical management they gave me an oral tablet in the hospital and I had to do the pessaries at home 2 days later. I bled for 8 weeks afterwards - quite heavily. But I had to have an ultrasound 4 weeks after taking the tablet and that appointment was made while I was at the hospital.
I did get pregnant again, about 3 months after I stopped bleeding. We weren't trying before that. Unfortunately I lost that baby too, but we are going to try again soon.

When I had medical management they gave me an oral tablet in the hospital and I had to do the pessaries at home 2 days later. I bled for 8 weeks afterwards - quite heavily. But I had to have an ultrasound 4 weeks after taking the tablet and that appointment was made while I was at the hospital.
I did get pregnant again, about 3 months after I stopped bleeding. We weren't trying before that. Unfortunately I lost that baby too, but we are going to try again soon.

So sorry to hear.. I hope you have better luck this time... We hope to start trying maybe a month or so, not really sure. I have to go have blood work taken this coming tuesday to see where there at. Hopefully 0, but ya never know. I am just hoping that everything has came out so I won't need a D/C. Good luck!!! Lots of babydust your way!!!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->