Blighted ovum -update I have a temp ??

OmarsMum

Reaction score
I just had a scan that confirmed a Blighted ovum, I should be 10-11 weeks but the sac measured 7w5d, I'm not spotting or bleeding, how long should I wait before considering a D&C? I have an apt next Tuesday to discuss my options.

There were complications at the start of the pregnancy (I don't have energy to go through the details)

Last mmc I had a D&C but baby was measuring 9w5d

I was on progesterone tablets both times

I'm in the same boat. I'm 6 weeks 5 days and had my 2nd scan today which showed the sac has grown to 10mm but could not see a baby or anything inside. They mentioned the possibility of a blighted ovum but want to scan me again in 2 weeks. If in 2 weeks a blighted ovum is confirmed then I will request a D&C as soon as possible. I've been very fragile over the last couple of weeks and feel in limbo. Still taking my folic acid and feel pregnant but it's likely to be all for nothing! The sooner I know what is happening to my body the better I hate the not knowing and not being able to move forward. I feel if the worst is confirmed in 2 weeks time a D&C will be easier for me emotionally and I hope it will offer me some closer 😢😢 xxx

Big hugs :hugs: I really hope things turn well for you :hugs:

I've been in this limbo for a month now :(

I spotted at 5w4d the sac was partially separated with SCH, I spotted on & off for 10 days, I lost count of the scans I had, 3 weeks back I had a scan showing a 6w1d sac at 8w according to lmp fully attached & the enternal bleed was gone, but the dr told me that my dates might be wrong although I was sure about my dates. Today I had a scan and it confirmed blighted ovum. This is my second mc.

Eid (we are fasting) is on Friday or Saturday, I don't want to mess up the holiday.

Last time I waited 3 weeks before going for a D&C after the mmc was confirmed.

I'm sure you would be able to wait a little while until you feel ready for a D&C particularly if you are fasting. Just if you begin to have symptoms of infection then you may need to speed up the process but otherwise give yourself as much time as you need.
I'm sorry this has happened to you. Xx

I have a temp now and I'm freaking out , it's 38.3

Don't freak out hun just take some paracetamol and see your doc they will advice you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->