Blood clot :(

snugglemuffin

Reaction score
Just come back from hospital AGAIN!! I have a hefty blood clot in my leg :( Has anyone else had this?

my leg swelled/swolen (?) up and was very painful this morning and i thought i had knocked it then tonight it went right up and it started to go numb :( I rang the out of hours Dr and she told me to go straight to A&E i now have to inject myself with *stuff i cant remember the name of* until friday when i get the scan to see how big it is. If it doesn't have to be cut out i will be on pills for about six months with shit loads of blood tests!

Tis all down to the SPD they said as i have been so imobile :( Has this happened to anyone else? When she said blood clot i was terrified you here of random people dropping down dead because of blood clots i thought i might not see my lil ones again!

what a shitty night!!! :cry: and now my boobs are full again as i missed jesse's feeds grrrr arrrgh :hissy:

:hugs: I haven't had a blood clot myself but I've always been really afraid of it happening. It must be so scary!!

Hope your leg is feeling better soon though. :hugs:

Blood clots are no good. My mom has had these and they have gone to her lungs.

If the clot stays in your leg and doesn't go farther, then you will be ok!

I suppose they have you on blood thinners?

:hugs::hugs:

Just make sure you remember to take your injections.
I hope they've already done a scan, cause that's an awful long time to wait for a scan for a blood clot. I'm sure they did cause that's the only way they would know if it was one. x

:hugs: So sorry you are having to go through all that

i was back in today as my other leg was showing same symptoms :( got scan on friday but had all my blood checked and stuff and on two injections a day. They think i may also have an infection in the veins in my legs :( shitty day again :(

:hugs: :hugs: At least youve caught it huni and its getting sorted. Thinking of you

xx

Ooh no, you poor thing !! :hugs: Try and stay positive :hugs:

Blimey hun sorry to read this :hugs:

I hope your feeling better very soon x

Scan was clear on friday, I am having to go for another next friday just to make sure as my (whatever levels they look for were high). They have me on a load of antibiotics thinking it is an infection in the veins instead of clots. Still hurts and sick of hospital now!

So did they scan you initially and find the clot in your leg? Or are they dismissing the original clot altogether?

My Mum had a clot in her leg when she was on chemo, it was behind her knee and her leg swelled up something rotten! She had to inject fragmin every day and then once the blood levels were thin enough and stable she then had to have quite a high dose of warafrin for months. But it was all managed well, the hospital kept a good eye on her, although it did mean a lot of trips for blood tests.

I hope you are feeling better soon hun and I hope the anti-biotics kick in fast, it sounds awful! :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->