Blood pressure during pregnancy is this low?

Kay0102

Reaction score
Had my blood pressure taken at booking in the other day pre pregnancy it was around 120/70 but it was 95/60
I have been suffering with sight blacking out for a few seconds when getting up from sitting, could it be related? X

It could be related, but it could also be a mix of things. I would definitely mention it to your care provider. It is normal for some ladies to have lower blood pressure while pregnant. Sometimes it is due to not being hydrated well enough or to anemia. Try and increase your fluids, stand up/get up slowly from a seated or crouched position, and increase protein intake as well. :) Hopefully it isn't persistent for you.

I posted the same thing about blood pressure a couple of weeks ago haha! Mine was 90/58 or something like that. Apparently normal but really does cause light headedness, nausea, fatigue....I'd mention the sight thing to your dr or midwife though, just to be checked, but just get up slowly & carefully from sitting & drink enough. Hope you feel better soon! xx

I had same in previous pregnancy. The only thing that helps is eating little and often to keep blood sugars steady so u don't feel faint xx

Thanks ladies. I'd put the nausea and fatigue down to pregnancy. I do Slimming world so will adapt it to have smaller more frequent meals x

I'm going to echo what the other ladies have said... it's normal. Mine last week was 90/55 and my Dr said that it was normal. I was told to drink more water, and be careful to avoid getting up too quickly. She told me that if I pass out or faint, then I should call the clinic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->