Blood when I wipe 37 weeks?

Thumbelina 3

1 child of 2 years 9month
Reaction score
im just over 37 weeks and have been having on off cramping generally first thing in the morning and at night. But this morning there was pink blood when I wiped after going to loo. It feels kind of full down there if that makes sense. Baby has dropped right down in the last week. Not sure if I should be worried about blood at this stage?this is second baby. My daughter was born at just over 39 weeks. This baby is measuring above the average at the moment.

Is it fresh blood or mixed with mucus? If it's one mucus, might be your show. If it's like period bleeding blood you should call your midwife or doctor. Good luck, hope it's Labour x

Hi thanks for your reply. First thing it was just light pink blood. Now no blood but yellowy mucus?

If I was to guess, i would say it sounds like a bloody show/loss of plug. Are you getting any backache or contractions?
As far as i know, as long as it is mixed with mucus even if it is red and not excessive then its ok and probably the start of labour.

Sounds to me like the start of something! Mucus and pink blood is probably the start of your show, which makes sense if you're now having yellowy mucus.

Thanks for the replies it's all stopped now and no more cramps. So we shall see!

I had this last week, no mucus just red when I wiped. They asked me to go in to be examined and monitor baby, turns out I have cervical erosion (sounds much worse than it is) and I also had a yeast infection really high up which is what irritated the cervix and made it bleed. Might not be the same thing but worth getting checked out.

I had a "show" 2 weeks before going into Labour, light cramps and all, then went into Labour after having a stretch and sweep on my due date x

This happened to me at 36 weeks after cervix check. Had you just recently had an exam?

I had my "show" with DS1 (sounds like what you have) when I went into labor with him. Freaked out because I didn't know what it was and went to L&D and they said I was dialated to 4 so they kept me! I didn't have any "show" with DS2. I would say - - go get checked. At this point it is really better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->