Bloody show?

Indi Ocean

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I just had my bloody show...or not. I'm 38w4d and just had a smallish amount of cm with some very fine light red blood streaks through it.

As it's my first I have no idea what to expect but it seems the more common occurrence on here is losing a lot of plug with more blood?

I have no idea if I've dilated or anything yet, I wont be checked for that until another 3 days at my next appointment.

I'm being induced in 10 days and would really prefer to naturally fall in to labour, so hoping it's a good sign, however I realise that could be wishful thinking!!

Any experience or advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Definitely sounds like it could be! Loss of plug can happen at anytime but the blood streaks normally indicates cervical changes. Fingers crossed! :)

I was just reading up on this and pp seems to have summed it up well. The plug alone doesn't mean much but the blood sounds more promising, good luck!

Just agreeing with the others! :) I had my son the day after having my bloody show - it wasn't heaps of mucus, but it did have some blood in it

Thanks ladies!

Nothing has come of it since though. Do you think something would have happened by now if it was the real deal? I was feeling really uncomfortable and quite crampy last night..I really thought something was going to happen. I had a hot bath, hoping that might accelerate something but even though I was still a bit crampy it didn't alter anything.

Damn pineapple isn't working haha!

Your cervix can change at anytime and at any speed. Just because you aren't feeling anything yet, it still needs to soften and efface (which it could already be doing). Changes can happen very quickly or very slowly (the latent phase of labour can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days or a week!) Every labour is different.

Hang in there, you won't be pregnant forever :hugs:

The crampiness could definitely be a sign! Hot baths can slow things down I think, so it may have had the opposite effect as what you wanted :) Good luck, I hope it happens super soon for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->