Blue Badge

smileyfaces

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully obtained one without having HR mobility element of DLA? From what ive read it varies greatly between the different councils/boroughs, just wondering how much of a fight Im going to have :lol: He gets HR care but no mobility (not entitled to HR mobility and too young for LR as hes only 4).

Its his lack of awareness of danger, impulsivity, meltdowns in public and frequent running away that is making me want to apply (amongst many other issues!) and it would be so handy to have the blue badge for when he starts school next month so that we can park close to the entrance and get him in there asap before meltdowns start and to keep him away from the busy traffic that he will no doubt attempt to run into.

Any success stories?? I know that they only really want to focus on physical impairment but do also take mental impairment into account sometimes??

:flower:

I don't know much about it so can't be much help I'm afraid. Just wanted to say that I think you should at least try. I could have written that about my son too tbh, although he's not as unpredictable as he used to be. Go for it, I would say that seeing as mental impairments are recognised for DLA then it's worth a shot. In the meantime, I find that most supermarkets have the parent and child spaces that are close to the entrance, they help.

I don't know about blue badge as I didn't bother applying but if you are in touch with school regarding additional needs perhaps they would allow you to park in the school car park? Our school allows parents with children who need extra support to do so.

I don't know about blue badge as I didn't bother applying but if you are in touch with school regarding additional needs perhaps they would allow you to park in the school car park? Our school allows parents with children who need extra support to do so.

Thats a very good idea thank you I will investigate that option when he starts.

I applied for a blue badge and had a very quick response, he was refused :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->