Blue Veins/Thread Veins

floofymad

Mummy to munchkini
Reaction score
Hi,

Was at the doctor Fri about my asthma/chest and while I was there I asked him why I have suddenly got more noticeable blue veins all over my body but in certain places. Tops of my legs, ankles and feet, stomach (2 in particular run down the side of my stomach to the groin area!) Also asked why I've suddenly got a few thread veins appearing on my arms, legs and feet.
He said they come with age! and the blue ones can only be liver problems, but I had blood tests 2 months ago and they were fine.

Anyone know?.... x

I know I get more spider veins when I have a surge of oestrogen, pregnancy has made them all come out. But apart from that, if there's nothing that's showing on your blood results, it may just be one of those things.

Thanks Mrs Venn. As far as I'm aware, I'm not pregnant! Although they are coming up more and more and the ends of my nipples are white too........!

Thanks Mrs Venn. As far as I'm aware, I'm not pregnant! Although they are coming up more and more and the ends of my nipples are white too........!

Sorry personal question, are you on any form of pill? Mine erupted too when I went on to microgynon.

I also find they get worse when I'm hot, it's just the capillaries opening to let more blood flow to the tissues.

No I've been off the pill for 2 years! And they're there all the time! Not just at certain times..... Going to ask the doc again tomorrow, altho I'm sure they're sick of me by now.... x

No I've been off the pill for 2 years! And they're there all the time! Not just at certain times..... Going to ask the doc again tomorrow, altho I'm sure they're sick of me by now.... x

Ok hun, I reckon it's probably a natural hormone surge causing it but ask them again for sure.. Nah they won't be, it's their job :winkwink: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->