BLW and a change in milk intake...

nikkip75

Reaction score
we have only been BLW for a week now and eden has changed her milk intake already!

is this normal?

she used to have a 6oz bottle every 3 hours, then went to bed at 7.30pm, had a dream feed at 11pm then slept until 5am, another bottle back to sleep until 8am.

now shes skipping feeds during the day but drinks more at her bedtime and dreamfeed bottle, shes now draining an 8oz bottle with these 2!

so shes probably still getting around the same over the 24 hours but different amounts a different times.

is it just Coincidence or does that sound normal to other BLWers?

Most likely a coincidence but obviously every baby is different. It's highly unlikely that she's eating yet, let alone eating enough to fill her up so that she doesn't want her milk.

It took us just under 3 months before there was any difference to the amount of milk she took and when but obviously some babies change habbits faster.

Personally, it sounds like a coincidence as it's still very early stages.

Ruby started leaving milk at 6m, we put her bottles down to 7oz from 9oz each. She wasn't eating any solids though...

just b4 starting BLW Kian dropped a bottle and now has different amounts in each bottle even tho he used to drink roughly the same amount for each b4: he went for 5 8oz bottles (7am, 10.30am, 1pm, 5pm, 8pm) to: 1 9oz in the morning, 8oz at 11am, 8oz at 3pm and a 5 oz (altho i offer 8oz then aswell incase he wants it) at 6pm...then he point blank refuses anything else including DFs...tis a mystery as to y his feeding habbits suddenly changed?!

sounds like they really are all different then lol

well lastnight she had her 8oz bedtime and dreamfeed then woke up at 3.30am, i thought she cant be hungry already! so i just made a small 4oz bottle and she didnt even want it she just wanted to lie in her cot talking to herself, so changed her bum put her back and lied there for an hour listening to her.

then she had a poo! at 4.30am :wacko: changed her bum and there was deffo bits in there! quite a few bits actually, sorry tmi and yes i was looking at poo at 4.30am! what has my life come to :wacko: THEN i had to make another 4oz and she drank that an went back to sleep atlast!

im knackered this morning!:sleep:

lol! oh dear! a busy night 4 u then.

on the subject of strange feeding behaviour...today Kian woke at 5am had an 8oz feed, then played with some porridge at 7am but i'm pretty sure he didn't get any...or at least not much and since then hasn't wanted another feed! its been nearly 8 hours?i've treid offering him loads and he's pos had abt an oz but mostly i think that ran down his chin! whats with that?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->