BLW - HELP...where do I start?

Sherileigh

Reaction score
So Luka is just over 6 months...have tried cereal and he's just not that interested....but he stares us down everytime we eat...tries to grab food from us...and I'm just thinking maybe BLW might be for us.
Where do I even begin????:shrug:

Get the book 'baby led weaning' by Gill Rapley, and come and join us on the BLW support sticky! :)

Agree with Claire and for first foods, it'll be easier to offer soft food, cut into holdable pieces - so small enough in diameter so they can hold it in their fist, and at least 2 inches long. Things like banana, cucumber, pear, apple etc are good things to start with.

I did it....ordered the book!! Can't wait to read more about it!

Good cause right now I'm just a little confused about it all...but want to learn more!

It is really rather simple and the book will make it clear. :thumbup:

I find it soooooo much more fun, relaxed, and easier than purees! The couple of times I had to do purees it was not fun. :nope: Both LO and I hated it. :dohh:

You will know quickly if it is the way forward for you!

It is really rather simple and the book will make it clear. :thumbup:

I find it soooooo much more fun, relaxed, and easier than purees! The couple of times I had to do purees it was not fun. :nope: Both LO and I hated it. :dohh:

You will know quickly if it is the way forward for you!

I just can't get into even the cereal right now....tried it a few times he liked it a bit the first time and since then it's just wasted and spit out. But he just stares at our food..so I figure it makes sense! Will keep you ladies posted!

I'm at the same stage - I just ordered the book. LO is 24 weeks tomorrow and he is so interested in food it's ridiculous - he lunges toward you when you're eating it so I figured BLW was the way to go. If he's ready, he'll eat, and if not, he won't. That way I'm not weaning him if I don't need to, because I actually want to wait another few weeks but at the same time if he's ready and willing, I don't want to wait too long if that makes sense.

See you on the thread :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"