BLW, in a rut at 10 months, need ideas

Pink Petals

Reaction score
We always give LO the same things and I need ideas!

Right now he always has eggs, oatmeal and fruit for breakfast.

For dinner and lunch, has some combo of:
-plain pasta or rice
-chicken, fish or ground beef
-carrots, broccoli and cauliflower cooked soft, sometimes peas or corn instead

For snacks, it is always crackers, cheetios or fruit

at 10 months he can eat anything except whole nuts, honey & shellfish.

i would be feeding him what ever you are eating.

cereals, toast, yogurts, all meats, fish fingers & sausages etc.

spaghetti bolognaise, roast dinners, pasta bakes, sandwiches, veggies with dips, eggs on toast, baked beans. xxx

I agree, whatever you're eating. If that is what you're eating, you might just look to trying some new recipes for your own meals to help introduce new things into his diet. For breakfast, we also do weetabix sometimes as well as some low sugar cereals in milk (you might want to wait until he's a year before offering anything with added sugar though, even if it's very little - my daughter is 17 months now), yogurt with fruit, baked beans with toast (in limited amounts as it does have added salt and sugar) pancakes, banana bread (or courgette bread or anything that can be made into a loaf and has fruit or veg and little sugar). For dinners, curry and rice, lasagna, pizza topped with veg, jacket potatoes (cheese and broccoli is good), quiche, risotto, all sorts of homemade soups with bread dippers, sometimes I do cucumber sticks and breadsticks with a dip (hummus, beetroot dip, goat's cheese, cream cheese) for a light dinner. You might look just for a healthy family cookbook and try some of those recipes. I especially love the River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook. There's a roasted veg sauce for pasta in there that's fantastic, plus we made a butternut squash and spelt grain 'risotto' from there quite a bit. You also might just try spicing up what he's already eating - say pasta with pesto or roasted tomato sauce.

My daughter 8.5 months had shreddies, melon and strawberry for breakfast. Lunch was breadsticks dipped in soft cheese, plum tomatoes, a couple of pieces of apple, and some hard boiled egg.

She had a goodies oat fruit bar thing this afternoon and a biscotti biscuit.

For tea she had quorn spag bol followed by a bit of cupcake which my older daughter baked at grandmas.

I give her anything and everything!

I'm new to BLW which we have adopted as my LO just outright refused baby food on a spoon so we went to finger foods now I'm trying her with our meals and she is much happier, I generally feed her what we are having but I'm paranoid about salt intake!!! Got some great ideas from you ladies, thanks!

Meant to add pitta pizza is always quite easy to do, spread passata on pitta add toppings and grill!

I'm new to BLW which we have adopted as my LO just outright refused baby food on a spoon so we went to finger foods now I'm trying her with our meals and she is much happier, I generally feed her what we are having but I'm paranoid about salt intake!!! Got some great ideas from you ladies, thanks!

i was paranoid about salt intake but i just didnt add any salt to the food at all & told OH he can season his own food afterwards.
xx

We've started having banana pancakes for breakfast, and we'll start DS2 on those as soon as he starts weaning because they're delicious and can be cut into fingers.

With DS1, lunch was usually something like a bagel, noodles, pitta, sandwiches (although watch bread for salt!). Tea we always have as a main meal - spaghetti, sausages (again, watch salt) risotto, stir fry.

If you can get the BLW cookbook, we ate out of that for years!

My youngest pretty much has weetabix or porridge for breakfast every day. Breakfast is a 'filler' Meal in this house and there's rarely time for something exciting.
Lunch is usually a variation on a toast theme- egg, cheese, beans or toast fingers dipped into soup. He can eat that easily. Then he will have fruit or yoghurt after.
Dinner is what we have- meet with potatoes and veg, stir fry, cottage pie, curry, pasta. I make from scratch as much as possible and use the baby stock cubes from boots.

There is a thread is the Toddler section called something like "what did your toddler eat today" I get most my inspiration from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->