Blw...

DCS

Reaction score
We started with purees with DS then at 9 months he refused the mush and started eating whole foods.

Hoping to skip the mush this time and go straight to wholw foods. It all seems abit easy can someone please confirm iv got this right please.

I just cook as usual, and pop abit on the tray for DD?
We have decided to start at 6 months. So a few weeks yet.
So say i made a roast dinner id just give her chip sized pieces? Apart ftom the obvious honey, salt etc do i need to avoid anything? Like do i stick to veggies to begin with before progressing to meats etc?

It really is so easy. It's one of the main reasons we chose it for dd, as with a toddler already I didn't have to faf about pureeing and spoon feeding, we could all just eat together.

Technically you can give any food minus salt etc from the start, but you will probably find they get on better with soft, easy to hold food at first. With dd we mostly started with fruit and veggies, but after a week or 2 we quickly started adding in everything else and by 7m she literally just ate everything we did. Some people do pre loaded spoons for messy things but we've mostly just let her eat with her fingers. Have fun.

Easy but messy :D

We started with avacado fingers, pear, apple slices, softened carrot sticks. Brocolli is funny because of the bobbly head which makes her pull a funny face. She loves toast and scrambled egg.

We started at six months, and LO's current favourite foods are pear, banana, cucumber and pitta bread. Today's lunch was cream cheese on rice cakes (he mainly licks the cheese off and nibbles the edges of the rice cakes), and pear. I tend to give him the vegetable part of whatever we're eating: he doesn't have any teeth yet, so am sticking to foods that are a little bit softer.

Thank you. I wasnt sure if i was missing a vital piece of information. But this seems a slightly better way for us.

Do you just go to offering food 3 times a day? I would just offer food wheneverwe had some. Would that be too much

We offered food 3 times a day, pretty much from the start. She didn't always eat much of it but liked sitting with us all. They just won't eat it if it's too much.

We aren't 6 months until next week. Been going great guns two weeks now. Different foods break easier than others etc. She gets more food cobsumed by preloaded spoon but is now consuming other finger foods as its smelling and showing else were. Dog is great for the floor food. But my lg stops when she is ready which I love. Knowing I'm not over feeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->