BnB automatically downloading Files onto my computer

Bubbles1088

Reaction score
Since yesterday, every forum page I access automatically downloads f.txt. I have not opened it, I simply delete it off my computer as I figure it's some sort of ad. This can't be a good thing. I've been on this forum since 2014 and this is the first time I've experienced anything like this. It is keeping me from checking my subscriptions as I don't want to download a virus or something! :(

Is this still happening? I am trying to recreate the problem. Can someone post me a screenshot and link of a page it happens on. Ta. x

For me it happens on every bnb forum page I visit. It just brings up a download link for f.txt

I'm trying to find out where it is coming from. I believe it is a misconfigured server that prompts a download rather than (displaying) trying to do anything funny. The fact it is doing it for only some members seems to suggest it is coming from an advert. Is there an ad that always shows on the pages you have a problem? Sorry for the hassle. As soon as I narrow it down I can have it disabled (or fixed). x

If you go into developer tools you can see all the errors. Looks like an ad that's not working and being turned into a document instead. You can see the third or so error down "Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type text/Javascript"

Screen_Shot_2016_09_10_at_6_20_24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_09_10_at_6_26_02_PM.png

Yup same here! It'll say f-245.txt or some such number. I noticed this started happening the same time I finally stopped getting that awful target ad where you have to watch 8 seconds of them building a sandwich. I HATE THAT AD!! lol sorry.

Hmmm does appear to be from Doubleclick which is unusual as it is owned by Google. I will see if we can narrow down which ad it's coming from. Thank you for the screenshots PhoenixCT :)

Thanks Wobbles and Phoenix! Hopefully it will get fixed soon!

Every PG I go to the hidden Valley ad is up top, not sure if that helps

Yup same here! It'll say f-245.txt or some such number. I noticed this started happening the same time I finally stopped getting that awful target ad where you have to watch 8 seconds of them building a sandwich. I HATE THAT AD!! lol sorry.

Oh my gosh me too, i loathe that target ad. And it would pop up every time I clicked ANYWHERE.

Oh my gosh me too, i loathe that target ad. And it would pop up every time I clicked ANYWHERE.

So glad I'm not the only one, it makes me crazy :wacko:

I have requested further help from the tech department.

Sorry for any inconvenience in the mean time.

Wobbles <3

Every page I go on it happens. I am afraid to open them, but here is a screenshot of what is being downloaded..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.27.02 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.27.02 AM.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 8
Here is the ad I am seeing

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.33.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.33.13 AM.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm going to have to stop coming here.. On average about 4 things are being downloaded to my computer in the span of 1 minute. I've deleted at least 75-100 downloads from my computer today alone. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->