Board game ideas...

krissie328

Reaction score
For a 2.5-3 year old? I have no idea if there are any games in this age range.

I just got my daughter (2.5) Hi Ho Cherry-o...she LOVES playing it (she sees us playing games all the time) but she's not really good at waiting her turn or following the rules, etc. - she basically wants to spin constantly and get all the cherries LOL

I plan on giving her Candy Land, Don't break the Ice & a memory/matching card game for Christmas.

I've seen a perilous penguin game which I'm getting my nearly 3 year old so not a board game as such but a game he can play. I've seen a Gruffalo game for ages 3 and up but I'm thinking it might be too tricky still.

My 5 year old has some games which my 3 will 'play' but not sure that I would actually them for him yet:
Bunny Jump game (along the theme of pop up pirate)
Avengers version of frustration
Dominoes
A dinosaur bingo game from the works
Memory matching game

At that age my kids enjoyed:

Matching games
Candy Land
Go Fish
We have a Doc McStuffins version of Operation that's meant for younger kids that was a favorite with my youngest.
Tabletop Tic Tac Toe set
Chutes and Ladders

We liked:

Snakes and Ladders
Snap
Orchard that's my cupcake game
Orchard shopping list game.

Orchard do some great games :)

Orchard toys games are good for that age.
We also like hungry hippos, connect 4, matching pairs, dominoes.

Rio loves hungry hippos, pop up pirate and frustration. Frustration though he only really understood once he could count (obviously) but is still a good one. Dominoes are another good thing to aid counting skills. And at that kind of age he loved matching cards/playing snap.

Eta: buckaroo is quite simple in terms of rules too. We haven't got that but I might get it for Christmas.

definately orchard toys games
shopping list is really good for that age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"