Board games for young children?

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a board game for the kids to share, hoping for recommendations please. Hayden was recently given Junior Monopoly for his fifth birthday, and he really loves it. His little sister will be 3 in March, so not really old enough forit, but with a bit of help she really enjoys joining in, too. We have a few Orchard games, which they like, but Hayden is starting to get a bit bored of them, I think, so hoping to get something a bit more grown up. Thanks x

My DD has asked for all the oldies I used to have as a child, for christmas, she would like Operation, Ker-Plunk, Buckaroo and Pop up Pirate

Poppy likes mouse trap and pop up pirate . She also likes Kerry plunk at my mum and dads .

We have Hungry hippos, pop up pirate and buckaroo :)

Looping louie is soooo fun we have had it 2 years and still love it.

We also have buckeroo pop up pirate hungry hippos do nutters and more I can't remember..haha we love board games.

This year we bought mashing max mouse trap and frustration so will see how those go x

Alex loves hungry hippos and pop up pirate. We tried playing frustration with him but he didn't get it yet.

We have bought him dino bites and mouse trap for christmas. Although he keeps saying he wants every game on the adverts on tv so he may get more for his birthday in january.

DD likes elefun, pop up pirate, kerplunk, hungry hippos, pig goes pop and bunny jump game. We tried guess who with her, but don't think she really understood it.

I'm thinking about getting these two for us all to play at xmas -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spin-Maste...id=1450198638&sr=8-1&keywords=moustache+smash

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mask-N-Ask...id=1450198638&sr=8-9&keywords=moustache+smash

We got DD Operation for Christmas this year. She also loves Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders and those Matching card games.

Chutes and Ladders, Hi Ho Cherry O, Hungry Hippos, Candy Land, Uno (well that's more of a card game) are some of the games we play. My kids also enjoy Trouble but we don't really play by the rules when Rhys (3) is playing :lol:

My DD is three and my mum got her snakes and ladders, hungry hippos and connect four. I guess as they get older operation and buckaroo are classics. Wanted to get kerplunk but not safe with my one year old about...

connect 4. my LO likes that, snakes and ladders, frustration, operation, mouse trap, head bands

We've bought Kerplunk for this Christmas. Micah also loves Guess Who.

My DD is three and my mum got her snakes and ladders, hungry hippos and connect four. I guess as they get older operation and buckaroo are classics. Wanted to get kerplunk but not safe with my one year old about...

I'm pretty sure we have kerplunk somewhere (we also have a load of 'grown up' board games - articulate, pictionary, cluedo, trivial pursuit - from our pre-kids days, when we would have wild parties every new years eve, playing board games and drinking cider with our wild and crazy friends!) must ask hubby if he came across them whilst emptying the loft, it's probably safe to get out now Zoe is a bit older.

DS (4) loves hungry hippos, manic martians (from elc), rocket game (orchard), pop up pirate and operation x

We love the game Tummy Ache x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->