Book recommendations please!

Rachie004

Reaction score
I've sat down at the laptop this afternoon fully intent on buying Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Breastfeeding, however I've become distracted by Amazon's helpful suggestions for other books. The 'Womanly Art of Breastfeeding' seems quite appealing from the reviews. Or perhaps I should be considering something else?

I'm tempted to buy both but I'm concerned about the time I have left available for everything I want to read, plus possible conflicting advice.

I'd be really grateful of some guidance on what is a well thought of source of information :)

I think I need to spend more time in this area of the forum!

What are you trying to achieve by reading these books? Doyou have specific questions you want answered? I have found moms on this site have helped me more than any book ive read.

I don't have a question so much as I want to be prepared in general, if that makes any sense?

It does. Many books i find will contradict each other or give information only on their experiences with breastfeeding. There is so much to learn and its kind of a learn as you go thing just because you never know how your lo will respond to the breast.
My son latched on perfectly from birth and we never had any real issue besides the initial nipple soreness, but my friend and her baby had thrush and my other friends baby had a terrible latch...it really depends on your lo what information you need.

I really liked this book https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1572248610

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding answers every question in my opinion. I would highly recommend it! Super helpful for a FTM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->