Books about autism?

nicki01

Reaction score
My daughter was diagnosed with autism on 20th November, im still not very educated about it and really want some info and how I can understand and help her!

The books I have heard of are: more than words, raising Martians and ten things every child with autism wishes you knew?

Does anyone recommend any books? ive seen 'more than words' is a bit pricey, im more than willing to buy it but only if others think its worth the money?

Thanks
Nicki xx

I would try the local library rather than buying the books, then if there is something you feel you wish to have then buy. Our library will order in any book they don't have, I often google for suggestions

Also I would take a look at the national autistic society website, they have quite a lot of information on there

Thanks, I will take a look at the websites and I have heard of them books, will look more into them!

I have ten things your child with autism wants you to know and its AMAZING. It has helped me so much. I would definitely recommend it xxx

Thank you, that is one I have heard good things about so to have it confirmed is fab!
Will pop that on my must have list! :)

This is a newer one but heard lots of people rave about it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Reason-Jump-Silence-Autism/dp/1444776754

Great, thank you! Getting my list together, can't wait to start purchasing these in the new year!

Wantabean2 do you have the updated version of the book? I'm guessing this would be the best one to get?

Hi, my daughter was diagnosed Jan 2011 with asd and she is now 6. She has just started asking what is autism and a book the i found on amazon has been really useful to us (she reads better than most 9 year olds) it is called 'I have autism.... what's that?' which is very easy to read and cost about £6.
you are welcome to message me at any time if you have any questions, i know what you're going through x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->