Books for 8 year olds

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas for Dec, he loves reading and at the minute he is reading the Beast Quest books, he reads quite quickly so need to keep a good stock for him :flower:

He has already read

Roald Dahl
David Williams
Horrid Henry
Diary of a wimpy kid
A few skullduggery pleasent

All recommendations welcome :flower:

Harry Potter?

Classics like some of Charles Dickens books?

We have read Harry potter several times lol I dont know if he would enjoy the classics, he is more of a monsters, beasts and funny type iykwim. I did start reading him Oliver Twist as a bedtime story once but he lost interest really quickly :shrug:

Out of This World
Tracks of the Tiger
Lost Worlds
Mysterium – The Black Dragon
Monster Odyssey
Johnny Swanson
Cannibal Adventure
The Last of the Sky Pirates
Young Sherlock stone gold - Andrew lane
Darkmouth

Those are books for 9-12 yrs old under the adventure story pack from bakers books, we receive the magazine from school for online orders.

I ordered "where's Wally? Wow" collection, it says 5-10 yrs you can check the catalogue online for more titles

Treasure Island
Horrible Histories books
Hans Christian Anderson stories

Thank ladies, will have a look at all these :)

What about Percy Jackson stories (although they do say 9+) one of Samy friends brother reads them and loves them

What about Percy Jackson stories (although they do say 9+) one of Samy friends brother reads them and loves them

I forgot his big brother has all the Percy Jackson books, well all except the newest, must dig them out for him :thumbup: Thank you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->