Books for a 4 yr old boy

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
What sort / name of books do you read with your 4/5 yr olds that have just started reception?
We read to lewis every day but it's the same books (reading library, floppy, chip, kipper and biff) and if he's not bored of them I am!
I'm after suggestions as we always spend ages in the library and come out with nothing!

We read a lot of factual books. Mainly about dinosaurs because that's what interests my son. He really loves captain flinn and the pirate dinosaurs too. He howls with laughter :)

Lewis loves pirates and dinosaurs, I'll look that one up. Thanks.

We read a lot of the books written by the author of The Gruffalo. Daniel loves them and between my two we have about 6 or 8 of them. Daniel also loves loads of the old 'classics' like Rupert the bear, Noddy, Thomas the tank engine, Mr Men etc.

We also read alot of books by Julia Donaldson, favourites of hers are both Gruffalos, Stickman and Night Monkey Day Monkey.
She also likes Some dogs do, The Tiger that came to tea and One Snowy Night.

We're going to try some Dr Seuss books soon as she is getting some for Christmas. :)

Dr Seuss!
Some of our favourites by him: Oh, the Places You'll Go; Cat in the Hat; One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish; ABC book...

Also 'Where the Wild Things Are'.

And about a hundred others ;)

Thanks for replies, by chance I came across captin flinn and the pirate dinosaur at the library and lo loves it. I didn't realise the author of the gruffulo (hes got this one too but we've read it to death) had written so many good books, they'll be a few of those under the Christmas tree, along with a few Dr Seuss.

The book people have some very good deals on a the moment with both Julia Donaldson books and Dr Seuss books. :)

Brilliant thank you :thumbup:I 've just been on their website and ordered 10 books for £10! An excellent christmas present :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->