Born at 29 weeks - need help

sindhufrank

Reaction score
Our little daughter was born at 29 weeks on the 6th Feb 2011 weighing 2lb 9oz around 1.160kg.
3 days in NICU she is doing well - breathing on her own - increased milk intake and less fluid take.
Can anyone please tell me how far will I know that she will be completely safe??
I'm so scared!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. Have you decided on a name yet?

Nicu is a rollercoaster journey and every baby is different so that's a difficult question to answer. Infections knock these lo's back as they can't fight them very well and they tire easily which is why some days your lo moves forward and other days its like they take a step back.

When your lo is on full feeds and no drips this helps reduce the risk of infection. Breathing on her own is a massive step forward as well so sounds like she is doing great.

It is a scary time but we are all here on bnb to answer any questions or if you want to vent.

Take care xx

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

We have't named her yet - will keep things updated!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby! My LO was born at 28 weeks and 6 days -- 1 day shy of 29 weeks.

The NICU is a scary ride, and you have to take each day as it is. Your LO will have good days, and bad days -- and so will you. So far she sounds like she's doing well though. :hugs:

Congrats . 25 weeker said everything im not clever enough to say :haha: im a former 29 week baby and i have a 27 weeker myself.

We are here if you need us. :)

Hi and congratulations!
Sounds like your baby girl is doing really well!
Take one day at a time hun. The next few weeks will feel like an eternity but you will find good advice and support here x

Congrats on your little cupcake hun!
My baby just turned 29 weeks 2 days ago. I had her at 26 weeks and 3 days I'm still a wreck everyday with worry and my cupcake has not had any infections or anythng yet. They just got her off her breathing tube today and onto a NIPPV mask and crossing our fingers she stays that way. I don't know if we ever stop worrying...:shrug:

Congrats on your little cupcake hun!
My baby just turned 29 weeks 2 days ago. I had her at 26 weeks and 3 days I'm still a wreck everyday with worry and my cupcake has not had any infections or anythng yet. They just got her off her breathing tube today and onto a IPPV mask and crossing our fingers she stays that way. I don't know if we ever stop worrying...:shrug:

Nope. My LO has been home for a while now, and I still worry like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->