Both of my miscarriages were at 5 weeks & 5 days to be exact... Is it most likely...

ProudMommie6

Reaction score
...that I have either progesterone deficiency or blood clotting disorder? My first miscarriage was last December 2010 and I had another one just recent which was April 25th.

A couple of friends suggested me to take baby aspirin as soon as I start TTC to prevent another miscarriage. It helped them. I don't know if I should since there are some risks. Please help!

There aren't any risk. My doctor said it was ok since i have had 2 early losses and he said it wouldn't hurt a thing. I also plan to go in super early when i find out net time so i can get my progesterone tested right away. Hope this helps! :)

oh my gosh our daughters are so close in age ... my daughter's birth date is June 18, 2008

Both of my miscarriages were at 6 weeks and I was taking baby asprin both times - so just wanted to let you know its not a cure for everything :hugs: It shouldnt do anyharm though. I had my progesterone checked with this last miscarriage at 4 weeks and they thought it seemed fine. They still say they think it was chromosomal.

:hugs: I am sorry for your losses.

I also have had multiple miscarriages with in the same time frame. If you already have a baby more than likely you will be able to carry again. When I had my Mc's they were back to back and the Dr said that it most likely was chromosome prob and it is the bodies way to prevent something. After my 2 MC's I had a healthy baby almost 2 yrs later . Dec I had another early mc. I really think Women have more MC than they think and that US who chart and know our body find out! I would suggest that your DR do BW to rule anything out. I have had everything known to man run on me and nothing was ever found out! I am very sorry for your loses .:hugs:

Is your dr doing any testing? My dr wont be doing any testing because i've had a baby.

Is your dr doing any testing? My dr wont be doing any testing because i've had a baby.

I think that's crazy if you've already had 2 :( I would want another doctor... just bc you've had ONE doesn't mean things can't change or something happened.. your body is ALWAYS changing. I'm really sorry :(

Yes push for testing, I had two children then my little girl was stillborn at 36+6, then had another baby, then had seven early miscarriages, and three weeks ago had another stillborn baby girl. One healthy baby doesnt mean they shouldnt test.

As for the aspirin, I would ask your doctor :flower:

Oh my goodness Tasha I can't imagine going through what you have...so sorry.

In reply to the first post, I have had multiple early miscarriages. I take aspirin 81mg because I have a blood clotting disorder (hereditary). You should ask your doctor to test you for this. Mine is called Prothrombin gene mutation but there are a few different ones.

I was put on progesterone cream for my last cycle as we found I had a short luteul phase. Not sure if it worked as I have recently had surgery for an ectopic. I was 5 weeks 3 days. I do feel that if the pregnancy was in the right place, that I would still be pregnant :shrug:

If you chart (I use fertility friend) you'll be able to work out the length of your luteal phase, then you can show this to your doctor. A short one (mine only 10 days) might suggest you need support with progesterone.

I have had two early miscarriages, and I have two boys, 5 and 2 years old. I went to a FS last month and she's done tests but nothing has really come up yet as an explanation for the miscarriages. I'm taking baby aspirin, and I've got a prescription for progesterone waiting for after ovulation. Your situation sounds a little like mine, and I'm using a "try everything all at once" approach. :haha:

I don't think there are really drawbacks for either baby aspirin or progesterone. My BFF had several early miscarriages, and like me, they never found any explanation in the tests, but now she's got 2 boys and is pregnancy with #3. For all three of these pregnancies, she was on Clomid, progesterone and baby aspirin. I'm hoping if it worked for her, it will do the same for me.

I am thinking of seeing another dr for another opinion - as I agree - your body can change. I am on the baby asprin as I had a small placenta w/ Megan because of higher bp. I had a preconception visit w/ the dr who delivered her & she suggested it for that - not for miscarriages - and I would take it basically the whole pregnancy. Now for both miscarriages I have been seeing a different dr who I saw during a lot during 1st & 2nd tri w/ Megan but most of 3rd tri ended up seeing the dr who delivered her. I think I might go back & see what that dr has to say - if she would do any testing - at least some basic ones. This other dr doesnt have any advice for me at all - just "its just one of those things.... chromosomal (he's assuming).... and try again". The dr's at my hospital aren't big believers in progesterone to help - but I had progesterone checked at 4 weeks w/ miscarriage #2 and they thought the # looked fine (it was about 18? and w/ Megan it was 21 at the same time).

Tasha - I am sorry for all of your losses - thank you for your support :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"