Both of us are covered in milk!

Elizabean

Reaction score
My son is 4 weeks old and up until yesterday I hadn't been able to successfully bf him at all as he had what the midwives called breast refusal so I had been expressing and bottle feeding whilst still trying to get him on the boob.

Yesterday it all changed and he had a few really good feeds which I'm so thrilled about, however I'm using a nipple shield because I have flat nipples and we both end up covered in milk! Not sure if it is the shield or my supply causing it as I have quite a healthy supply ( as in I have been leaking milk since about 24 weeks pregnant).

At the moment im only feeding him at home and take bottles out as i dont want to be soaking wet in public. Has anyone experienced this or got any advice on how to avoid this?

I'm glad he's going for the boob now, they get better at nursing as they get older. Sounds like you have oversupply, it takes time to come down. I had it for months and it was very frustrating sonetimes. If the other side is leaking, you can catch it with a towel or a nappy.

Or catch it with a cup and store it for a bottle feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->