Bottles for EBM

gumb69

No.3 on its way
Reaction score
Hiya,

Just looking for some help please. My lo is 10 weeks old, I have been expressing and trying to give one bottle of EBM since he was two weeks old. He will only take max one to two ounces then I have to stick him on my boob.
He has reflux and have to give baby gaviscon, it clogs the teat up so I just end up syringe into him.
We are using dr brown bottles but think I will try another brand.
Any suggestions of bottles that might help him take the odd bottle?
I am freezing milk in quantities of five ounces and it is just getting wasted. I should prob start freezing in smaller amounts again.
Any ideas ?

My son just simply wouldn't take a bottle but I only tried tommee tippee and avent. My hubby tried feeding my LO and so did my mum but my son would just chew on the teat and not suck lol.
Now he is 8 months old and still wont take a bottle. I sadly had to bin ALOT of ebm which I was gutted about.
You can put expressed breastmilk into icecube trays (1 ice block usually is around an oz) then pop out little ones when starting to wean if needed.

Sorry I'm not much help

I would freeze in smaller quantities. I usually freeze in 2oz, but sometimes up to 2.5 or down to 1. My LO has never taken over 2.5-3 oz at a feed, usually 2.

We tried a lot of bottles, but it's really up to your child. Some things were important to us too like no plastic, etc. We are currently using Pura Kiki stainless bottles with the slow flow nipple or a DIY straw lid. We used Medela Calma nipples for the first 6 months. Others we tried gave him nipple confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->