• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bottles- Tommee Tippee or Avent?

Meaggers

Reaction score
Working on babyshower registery and not sure which bottles to put on there. I oringally had Tommee Tippee, but my sister-in-law mentioned she had heard bad things about them. They both claim to have the same bennifits (less colic, nipple for latching, etc) so I'm really torn between the two. Have any of you ladies used these? Which would you recommend? Or is there another brand that you liked better?

Hey there. I was initially going to go for Tomee Tippee closer to nature but having read lots and lots of reviews I think I will now go for avent. I just can't decide whether or not to go for their new 'nature' bottles and teats (I think they are the equivalent of TT closer to nature, making combining bf with bottle feeding easier..) or whether just to take advantage of some of the good deals on their older style bottles...

i had tommee tippee and i cant tell you anything good about them, my daughter was 6 months old when we got rid, the teats went yellowy and looked dirty no matter how much they were cleaned, the numbers had worn off the side making it impossible to measure a feed accurately, also had leaks around the teats, rang customer services to complain and they were very unhelpful, saying i had 'obviously' over strilised them and they werent prepared to even apologise let alone replace anything, steer clear hun! xx

Thank.you ladies. Maybe Ill go with the avent. Are there any other brands besides these two that you would recomend?

Avent were the best out of them and TT. Dr Browns worked wonders for colic and were worth every single penny!

I had Tomme Tippee Closer to Nature.
She fed from those far better than the avents we tried.
x

Me and my son love tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and haven't had an issue with them:thumbup:

He went from breast straight to these once I was unable to breast feed after 4 weeks too!

My daughter didn't like the TT closer to nature bottles but Avent were great. I think it depends on the baby? Maybe ask for
2 of each & see how you get on?

Cx

Thank you everyone for your experiences and advice!! I think I've decided on getting a few of both. I don't know if I'll be using bottles very often since I'm going to try and breastfeed, but I want to be prepared just in case.

i tried both of these the first time around, but in the end what worked wonders was the Dr. Brown bottles. My Sister-in-law used Avent and they worked for her kid, but my baby hated the nipples on them. As for Tommee Tippee my son didn't hate them, but he would have gas and some tummy issues. With the Dr. Brown bottles he would eat and quickly go to sleep. He had no tummy issues with them so i stayed with them. All three of these brands were a little more $$ then others but they are wroth it if your baby takes to them.

Thank you so much for all of the advice!! I got a few different kinds (one or 2 of each). Avent, Tommee Tippee, Evenflo, Dr. Brown and I have a Similac one that I got in the mail.
He's bound to like one of those!!

We tried TT for the first few months and they were awful, she had wind, the milk leaked from her open mouth and went everywhere, and the teats kept collapsing. We had been using the freebie Avent bottle sent in the post by Phillips and loved it so switched to Avent and I think the teat shape suited her much better. We love them. We have had no problems since and would not go back. My friend had TT bottles and her baby had colic. They switched to Dr Brown and she swears by them, really really helped her baby a lot x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->