Bought a used breast pump off ebay - parts are mouldy!

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
:growlmad: I bought the pump assuming the seller would wash the damn thing before sending...some of the pump parts are mouldy and the bottles have milk residue on :sick:
I have messaged the seller asking to return it...if they say no can I open a case? For item not as described? I will leave bad feedback if they refuse the return.
Definitely just going to buy a new pump now argh!

Why didn't you just buy a new one in the first place? :sick:

Because I'm trying to save money and I assumed people would wash parts before they sold it? I know loads of people who've bought used and not had a problem...

Why didn't you just buy a new one in the first place? :sick:

plenty of people buy second hand, or get loans from friends etc....
i don't think its unreasonable to expect anything you buy to be clean and in good condition unless otherwise stated.
i'm not a big ebayer but i imagine you should take pictures of it and open a case with ebay.

yuckkk. defo open a case if she refuses a refund. oh and take photos!! or she can easily clean it when she gets it back & say your lying.

xx

You should be able to. That's so strange, I can't believe someone would do something so silly.

I wouldn't worry so much about pictures though. In my experience, eBay never cares about pictures.

Yeah I already took pics and sent in my message to her so she knows I've done it!

Ewww! Some people :dohh:. I don't see the problem with buying 2nd hand- good pumps can be expensive! In my area the Sure Start Centre run a pump borrowing scheme, you pay a small fee (£10 I think) for new tubes and replacement teats.

She's agreed to a refund - phew! Think I'm just going to ask for a decent new pump for Christmas as baby is not due till Feb. Don't think I've ever returned something before - what a shame...

A breast pump for Christmas? You should be getting lots of things to spoil yourself before baby arrives :haha:

Glad she is taking it back

I'm glad she's taking it back.

If you're buying used again, make sure to check it's a closed system breast pump. If it's an open system, bits of milk can get sucked through the motor inside and you can't clean it. You would never know it had happened. They then go mouldy and it can contaminate your milk... but unless you open up the pump completely (the bits you wouldn't normally open up), you would never know it was dirty. Milk or mould in the bottle is the least of your worries :)

Have a look on the for sale boards on here, or post on the wanted ads :)

Glad your able to return it, that's awful to sell something like that.

I'm glad she's taking it back.

If you're buying used again, make sure to check it's a closed system breast pump. If it's an open system, bits of milk can get sucked through the motor inside and you can't clean it. You would never know it had happened. They then go mouldy and it can contaminate your milk... but unless you open up the pump completely (the bits you wouldn't normally open up), you would never know it was dirty. Milk or mould in the bottle is the least of your worries :)

Help how do you know if it's a closed system? I kept mine incase I have another, maybe shouldn't of bothered :dohh:

Glad you able to return it but she will probably give it a quick wash and put it back
Up for sale :nope:

the cheek of some people! who would send a mouldy pump :sick: glad she will refund it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->