Boy name poll #2

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
Please vote for your favourite and feel free to comment, good or bad :thumbup: We're still open to new name suggestions too, nothing is set.

We like traditional names that are a bit less popular than usual, so no Olivers or Jacks but nothing really outlandish either.

Zachary would be nn Zach and Matthew would be nn Matty. Conrad is a name I know is not so popular but we love. It means "bold speech". I'm not sure we'd use it as a first name as I can't think of suitable nicknames.

I think my favourite is Zach but I worry that with Conrad it's a bit of a harsh and overly masculine-sounding name...

Thoughts?

I voted Matthew, but I don't see any problem with Zachary. Just down to personal preference :)

I like Matthew best! I don't know why but it's always been a warm and welcoming name to me where Zachary is a bit more harsh.

Zachary has always struck me as very cool and hip. Probably because I grew up watching Saved by the Bell :D

I like Matthew best! I don't know why but it's always been a warm and welcoming name to me where Zachary is a bit more harsh.

I completely get what you mean! Matthew is definitely a soft name and I find that reassuring. I always imagine Matthews to be gentle and handsome!

That was my main concern with Zachary, especially with Conrad (also quite a "harsh" name, being Germanic and all).

Having said that, the baby just feels like a Zach now :shrug: My partner is totally taken with it and calls the baby Zach even though we don't know gender yet :dohh:

Maybe we should consider changing the middle name to something "softer"? Unfortunately we can't use Matthew...

We know both a little Zachary and a little Matthew, and while we're comfortable "stealing" one, both seems like overkill and we'd like something totally unique.

So maybe back to the drawing board on the middle name? What are your thoughts?

Thanks ladies btw :thumbup:

Ps. Our girl name, Josephine Amelie, seems super soft and feminine, and Zachary Conrad seems so masculine! Not sure if that's odd or fine, but the girl name's set now.

I love the girl name!

I would agree and say since you're going with Zach, maybe change the middle name to a softer one? I love that you know that's the right name though :).

I think that while flow is important, it is more important that you like both names, so if you're in love with Zach, certainly try out some other middle names with it...but if you keep coming back to Conrad, just use it! I don't think it sounds bad at all.

My OH is a Mathew (yes one T!)...handsome and gentle are not words I wpuldt associate with him lol! Grumpy and creative perhaps.

I love Zachary and was debating calling Thomas that. My OH hates it though. I managed to get Isaac in for his middle name to sneak a 'zach' sound in there.

I don't think there's any issue with Conrad. Especially since middle names aren't really frequently used. But the only Conrad I knew was a sweet kid, so I guess I have a different association. Look around at other names if you want, because you might find something you prefer, but don't rule out Conrad!

I don't see anything wrong with having a strong masculine name for a boy. Isn't that sort of the point anyways? If you guys are in love with Zachery Conrad, then use it!

My friend was recently debating between Matthew & Zachary too! They ended up going with Zachary. I love it!

Zachary Michael
Zachary Carson
Zachary Ryan
Zachary Rylan
Zachary James
Zachary Shane
Zachary Evan
Zachary Gabriel

I'm not really a fan of Conrad, sorry.

If you want something less common but still normal, I think Conrad is the best choice for a first name. I know a few Zachs and a few Matthews (under 5s). I only know one Conrad and he is about 40!

Thanks so much for the input guys...after a LOT of thought our little one will be Zachary Conrad if he is a boy. I do love Conrad but we're not convinced about it as a first name as we like to shorten names. Zach seems like the perfect name for us and we've come to love it.

Just got to wait until 23rd Dec now to see if we're expecting Zach or Josie. I'll update this thread! :happydance:

As promised here's the update...

Zachary Conrad is 15 months old and we're so happy with his name! He mainly goes by Zach, Zachy, Zed or Zachypops :haha:

I have encountered a few other young Zachs but not loads, and I love revealing that he has Conrad as a middle name as no one has heard it on someone so young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->