Boys name help

EmzyJA

Reaction score
What do you all think of the name Aston? My husband loves it and it was me who suggested it. My mum doesn't seem too keen when I mentioned it.

Middles names would either be
Andrew or John (from my dads names) and surname is Addison.

Would Aston Andrew Addison be too much A's? So would John go better?

Any other name suggestions more than welcome!! :)

Aston is such a perfect name! Personally, I think that John would go better but in the end it is you and your hubby's choice. Did you ask why your mom isn't so keen on it? I really think that that name is super cute I don't see why anybody wouldn't like it

I LOVE that name!! it was on our list... for both boy or girl. Great choice.

I also prefer with John. But 3 A's doesn't sound bad either.

xx

Thank you both so much :) my mum said she preferred our other choices which were jack and jake. Although we like them we just wanted something a little different. I still love both those names too but my husband is really gearing toward Aston now.

I can't look at it with an unbiased view as we had a dog called Aston so I see it 100% as a dog's name lol! That being said, I think Aston John sounds the best :)

I'm sorry, i'm not a fan. I love Ashton, Austin, and Asher - but not Aston. I've actually never heard it before. But i'm guessing the beginning sound is "ass" which is why I don't like it.

Sorry :flower:

I also think Aston Addison is way too similar of a first & last name - kind of like a tongue twister.

I think Andrew John Addison is really nice - nickname "AJ" maybe?

Additional suggestions:

Jonathan
Jackson

I completely agree with RubyRainbows - Love Austin, Asher and Ashton but agree the "ass" sound is awful for a baby

I like Aston John Addison, having triple A's would be too much imo

Sorry, I thought "ass" too. I immediately thought "what would you shorten that to? Oh, ass"

^ really people haven't heard Aston before?... it not common but its hardly unheard of, you must of heard of Aston Martin right?

I too think of it as a dogs name as my friend dog is called Aston but that has no bearing on you

isnt it also the name of the little one in JLS?

Ashton sounds weird, like the person saying it has a lisp

I didn't see anyone say they hadn't heard Aston before? Lol.

Still doesn't change the fact that it can only really be shortened to ass. Cue school taunts.

of the 3 Aston ive know (2 at school who I didn't know well but obviously knew about well enough to know nicknames etc... and the dog) non have ever been shortened, its like Jack, Liam or Scott they dont always shorten names some names stand alone

It's not to my personal taste as it just reminds me of Aston Martin and I don't like kids that sound like they're named after a car or other product (I don't like the name Mercedes for the same reason). It also makes me think of Aston from JLS. It's your baby though so your choice, and if you and your OH like it then that's all that matters, not what me, your mum or anyone else thinks! If it's the perfect name for your baby then use it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->