Boys

4 boys

Reaction score
I have 4 boys which I'm very grateful for. My problems is my older two 12 and 9 all they do is argue play fight nit pick over everything and I'm sick of it to the point I don't know what else to do???
I've talked to health visitor doctor etc went on a parent course but nothing any one got this problem ??
:cry:

My 11 yr old boy and 7 yr old girl fight constantly.I posted a thread a while back actually,saying how I felt no matter what I do for them,they are never happy.Most kids do it and I can remember fighting with my siblings too,it can be very draining to deal with 24/7 though x

Kerrie hi haven't seen your post as I'm new on here.
Did you manage to sort out your children fighting. It's constantly mainly my 9 yr old?
Im totally drained :cry:

No I havent found a 'cure',I try ignoring,punishing,distracting but nothing works.I feel like I repeat myself allll day long but people tell me its 'normal' so I just hope it doesnt last long.

My boys are only 4and 18m but they fight like cat and dog some days. I'm bracing myself for a good 14 more years until eldest leaves home/grows up, but even then the 2 youngest i'm sure will still be at it.

Not much hope for me then...my two have to be separated sometimes!

I do thing it is just sibling rivalry. I remember fighting with my sister as a child then teenager!

I fought a lot with my sister, it was pretty awful for my mum! I think for the most part you just have to let them get on with it and work out their issues. One thing you could do is maybe pre-empt anything they might fight about and see if you can maybe stop some of them. Or maybe work on some things they can do together. But it is totally normal and if it's any help, my big sister is now my best friend in the whole world and we couldn't be closer. We're been great friends since we were in our early teens.

Thank you much for your replies :thumbup:

I know every parent at some point will go through children arguing etc but children are so difficult and complicated IF ONLY THEY CAME WITH MANUALS :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do sometimes just watch and try understand why they argue, my 12 yr old is a good child even as a toddler not had many issues but my 9 yr old is very different always moody, hyperactive, not sleep very well, angry, hits out argumentative , especially when anyone ask him for anything we noticed this from the age of 4...:shrug::shrug:

I hope they do grow out of it but for now il have to just except it,
There arguments can be very full on and agressive but the worst is from 9 yr old.
My 3 1/2 yr also is starting to copy but I can mange to put him in time out and try make him understand no but he thinks it's fun to join in and to be honest it's not safe when my 9 yr lashes out. :growlmad::growlmad:

Super nanny makes it look like a piece of cake when it comes to kids if only we could wave a magic wand ::dust:

Have you tried pointing out to your 9 year old that your 3 year old is copying that behaviour? Maybe going down the "big brother" route might help.

Or instill in a set of house rules that you all sit down and talk about together, putting in place consequences for hitting?

If he won't play nice, he has to play alone in his room whilst you all do something fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->